Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I ised to be on Celexa for depression and anxiety. It realy helped alleviate my panic attacks and added to my overall well-being.

Today my fiance gently reminded me that when I was on Celexa, I never was n* save for the one time I fought sv for 2 days.

He's right. I never worried about sv that much when I was on the anti-depressant, I didn't fixate op food, and didn't have as many phantom n* as I do now.

Has this been anyone else's experience? For those on anti-depressants, do you have fewer worries about v* and fewer cases of n*?

I'm on Luvox anti depressants, quite a few times I've felt really n* whilst changing my dosage amount (apparently, aruptly ceasing to consume the pills causes extreme sickness) but I've never v*.I constantly ween myself off them but my parents force me to take them, although they gave me lots of headaches, quite a lot of n* and sometimes severe fatigue, shaking, etc, mycounsellors and doctor reckon I should either halt using them or try another type (ie, prozac) but after sticking with the luvox for a bit, it causes n* in the evening only rather than the whole day, hopefully it's going to stop soon.

I take antidepressants (seroxat/paxil) and find that because they help with anxiety I have less nausea attacks as I used to suffer terribly with anxiety nausea. On the few occasions I feel nauseous now(non-anxiety related) I am able to cope with it better as I don't get into as much of a panic as I would without the meds, and we all know panicking only makes the sicklyfeelings worse.

I tend not to be pre-occupied with v* as much as I used to be too, so all round thumbs-up in that area for the meds )
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Did you experience any side effects from the seroxat? I was prescribed these a few weeks ago, but I am really worried about taking them becasue I have heard they can have horrible side effects at least for a few weeks when you start taking them. I don't feel up to coping with these at the moment.

I take Celexa. I used to be way worse without it. I didn't get any bad side effects from it, except some weight gain. I tdoesn't make me feel n* at all. If I ever think back about how I used to feel, I vow never to be without the Celexa again! I'm not a pill popper, don't think you should take meds unless you absolutely need them. That's how I feel in this case. Much better quality of life.

marieb73--Why did you quit taking the Celexa? If you felt better while you were on it, can you talk to your Dr. and try it again?

Quote Originally Posted by tcsarah

I take antidepressants (seroxat/paxil) and find that because they help with anxiety I have less nausea attacks as I used to suffer terribly with anxiety nausea. On the few occasions I feel nauseous now(non-anxiety related) I am able to cope with it better as I don't get into as much of a panic as I would without the meds, and we all know panicking only makes the sicklyfeelings worse.

I tend not to be pre-occupied with v* as much as I used to be too, so all round thumbs-up in that area for the meds )

My experience has been the same as tcsarah. I have taken Lexapro for about 6 months now, no more nausea, and when I actually am nauseous, I don't get all panicky about it.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Ever since I went on Zyprexa my N* attacks have been few and far between. I still thinking about V* quite a lot but it doesn't throw me into panic mode like it used to. I'm usually very calm about it now...I think about it but it's not a really big deal.

I remember once I was on this one med (I can't remember the name) And it made me SO SICK I couldn't do ANYTHING. I wanted to go off of it cause I was convinced it wasn't helping and my parents were sure that it WAS helping and since I was a minor I didn't have much choice when it came to medical desicions.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Since January I've tried Celexa and Lexapro, and took both only very
    briefly because of the severe side effects I had. But I'm very sensitive
    to any meds, even OTC, so I wasn't surprised. I just hope I can find
    SOMETHING to help me out without the nasty SE's.

Quote Originally Posted by prospero

Did you experience any side effects from the seroxat? I was prescribed these a few weeks ago, but I am really worried about taking them becasue I have heard they can have horrible side effects at least for a few weeks when you start taking them. I don't feel up to coping with these at the moment.

When I first started taking them I felt a little bit sickly for a few days as my body got used to them (I also experienced this with other antidepressants at first), but thefeeling was never so bad as to make me feel like I would v*. Out of all the antidepressants I have tried these work the best with the least amount of side-effects, although I do suffer from insomnia but then I've never been a good sleeper so the meds are just enhancing a problem already there. For me, seroxat has been a wonder drug - my life was so restricted because of emetophobia and agoraphobia I felt utterly miserable most of the time - now I am like a different person with a new lease of life [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I am in the same boat Marie. I was on Lexapro for a year and half and it was wonderful. I was not nauseas all the time and if I was I rarely panicked about it. I got off about 4-5 months ago b/c I have gained so much weight it was disgusting. I thought that I was doing so much better and didn't need the meds. Now I am finding myself up to my old ways. I get all panicky about getting sick and anxious about everything. Right now, I am more concerned with not being fat, then my anxiety. I am in therapy to deal with the emet. My therapist suggested I get back on some meds, but I don't want to. You don't understand how fat the pills made me. I guess there are trade-offs in everything. I can be anxiety-free, but fat. Or anxiety-filled and skinney.

I'm on Cymbalta and Klonopin and I still worry about it. I'm not nauseous all the time but I constantly wash my hands or used Purell for fear of catching a sv. And if someone has been sick and I'm around them or someone in my family has been around them I get very worried. But who knows, maybe I would be worse without the meds....

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7