Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Once again, I'm an 18 year old male from NJ. To tell you the truth, it's my first major fear of v* 'spell' in a long while, which is a sign in the right direction. But this one came out of no where.Yesterday morning, I was up early since I had to open my video game store that day. It was a routine morning, got up at 7:30, showered, ate a granola bar for breakfast like I usually do. But as I was getting dressed and fixing up my hair in the mirror, a sudden feeling of anxiety came over me. "Oh God, not now." I thought. Not when I was going to work in like 20 minutes. I didn't know what to do, it hit me in a split second. I started thinking, maybe I'm just hungry. I hadn't really eaten anything that night before, since I also worked. I live right near a Wawa(a popular east coast convienence store). I figured, let me go in and get something for lunch that day. I got out of my truck and made it to the door of the store, but chickened out. I couldn't bare to be around people or food at that time. I kind of just sat in my truck for a few minutes, started driving. Along the way, I could only think of having to pull over to v* on the road. I tried putting on my Sara Evans cd, since I'm a big fan of country. It worked for a little while, but the feeling and fear came back in flashes. Finally, I made it to my work, where I sat in my truck for a few minutes before opening. My mom called my cell phone from her work and I felt much better after that. Once I actually got inside and ready to open my store, the feeling went away. I'm just so frustrated that I have to deal with this. It's like, why me? Why us? Shrug, who knows. Upon arriving at my store, I said to myself outloud, 'I need to get professional help.' I just don't want to do this anymore, or it'll start to ruin everything.

I think we have all been there. I know I have.....

Do you have any significant changes going on right now? Jobs,
    relationships, illness, death in the family, stress. Anything like that?

^ Same question! I find my emet is often triggered right when I don't need it, like if I'm worrying about something, even if only subconsciously.

You must try not to let it bring you down. We have our ups and downs, our good days and bad days - and you said yourself it had been a while since you had a panic attack of that nature, so I think you're going very well ^_^ It probably onlyworried you more because it came on so suddenly, and that was a shock in itself. Panic builds on panic...which sucks XD

By the way, off topic - video game store? Awesome [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]bit of a gamer myself!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Actually, my grandmother just passed away and I'm having knee surgery tomorrow. I'm just praying there's no complications about being put under anesthesia. I read some people v* because of it. Ugh =(

You won't v*- you won't have any food in your system to be able to v*.
    You'll do great- don't worry.

Hey,

Sorry about your grandmother. As for your surgery, don't worry. You will not v*. Our thoughts are with you. So relax, breathe deep and try not to think about v*. And come back soon to tell us that you're doing excellent and that your surgery was just fine.

Waiting to hear from you real soon .