Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I haven't felt sick at work for a while, but I have had a headache all morning and it seems to be getting worse. I am also feeling a bit dizzy. It kind of feels like I am having withdrawals from meds, for those of you who know that feeling.

I don't really feel nauseous (I just ate lunch) and I am not nervous yet, but I never know how long I should wait it out before going home. I would hate to go home and then feel fine once I got there, but I would hate worse to get very nauseous and pukey at work.

I just took some Excedrin migraine, and I do have Xanax, but I have been taking it a lot lately so I don't want to take it today unless I absolutely have to. I wonder if that is what's causing me to feel weird, do you think? I only take Xanax as needed, but I have been taking one every day for the last week and a half or so. Could I be having a slight withdrawal?
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I don't think you would be addicted enough to have withdrawal symptoms after only taking it for a week..in my opinion anyways...Maybe you just feel gross! Listen to your body and if you feel too sick to stay at work go home...if you get home an dend up feeling fine thats ok too...Remember everyone has the right to be sick...and to go hom ebecause of it...If you feel you can stuick it out at work then do so as well...Having a headache can be really bad so I am sorry your feeling that way! I hope you feel better soon! and dont feel bads if you have to go home to rest!

Thanks Carolee. I went outside and got some fresh air, but it didn't help much. I am going to wait about another 20-30 minutes and if I don't feel better I will go home. I'm not getting any work done sitting here feeling crappy.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

hey its been about ahalf hour, are ya going home or do you feel better?

I think I am starting to feel a little better. Thanks so much for checking up on me!! I feel pretty good that I made it w/o taking a Xanax.

mj hun, how are you feeling now?

Sorry ive only noticed this post now?

I understand that feeling of comin off meds. did you get enough sleep last night?maybe coming down with a cold?

I know when my body is trying to fight something I feel a little tired and cold with a headache,but sounds more like being sleepy hun..

Really hope you continue to feel better

xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think sleep might have something to do with it. I went to bed late last night. I am feeling ok now, just a little drained, and I can't focus on my work. BORING!! I hate work.

lack of dsleep can really make someone feel like crap!

Yeah, do you guys have sleep issues? I can't seem to find a good amount for my body. No matter what time I go to bed or get up, I am always too tired to get out of bed in the morning, or tired during the day, or lack of energy, etc. It's probably due to my meds, and before that it was probably due to depression and anxiety. I have no problem getting to sleep, it jsut seems like no matter how much i get it's never enough.

What meds were you on Violet?

Hey Mandee- glad you made it through the worst of it without having to take a Xanax. That is a big accomplishment! It must be hard to stay motivated when you are at a job you hate- I know the feeling. Right now I am struggling to get the theory chapter of my thesis done....and I HATE IT. I'm not a 'theory' person, so this is a real struggle for me, even though I love the actual subject matter of my project. So, essentially I am in limbo.

I'm not on any meds at the moment (with the exception of Melatonin for those nights that I am wired and can't drift off), and have always had major sleep problems. I can't sleep more than 3 hours at a time- and usually won't get to sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning. Sometimes I have the time to go back after I wake up the first time, but other days I have to be content to function on those 3 hours.

Sometimes, I'll even fall asleep for about 45 minutes, wake up, and then can't get back to sleep again....GRRRR!

*amber*

Thanks, I feel good about not taking Xanax too. I need to tuff it out in more situations to prove to myself i can get by without.

Most people have that problem with sleep...kind of an insomnia thing and then being tired during the day, but not very many seem to have my problem...sleeping easily and a lot and still not geting enough. I am asleep by 10:30 every night and can't drag myself out of bed at 7 in the morning. Ridiculous.

Mandee- sounds like a sleep quality issue- there is probably an issue with your sleep cycle, which means that even though you may technically be asleep, it isn't the type of sleep that is conducive to actual 'rest'.

Have you considered speaking with an herbalist or naturopath? They can probably suggest something all-natural that can help in this. You never know, it may help.

....or this can also be the result of you not liking your job, and literally not wanting to get out of bed if it means having to go to it. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

*amber*

Haha, you are probably right about the job thing. At least I am sure that's part of it.

BUT, I have thought about the quality of sleep issue too. I just don't want to go to a sleep center and have to do all those tests and crap, but I never thought about a naturopath. Maybe I should though...sleeping too much adds to depression, and depression makes me tired...it's a vcious cycle!!

I am going home now, thanks for talking me through today. I still feel kinda crummy, so I am going to go home and take it easy tonight.

Have a good night all.