Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Getting braver!

This evening I feel really happy as I have had a great day and proved to myself that I am braver than I think.

My mum looked after my son so I could take my 6 year old daughter out on my own to the theatre. First we had an hour long train ride, followed by a short bus ride, then the really scary part, the theatre!! It was the first time in many years that I had been in a theatre. I used toreally dislike going as a child as I was always sure somrebody would v*.It was so full of children and I did feel very anxious. I managed to stay calm and actually ended up enjoying the show and even got up with my daughter to dance at the end.

I was glad to get home this evening, but I am so glad I pushed myself to do this as it meant so much to my daughter. When I put her to bed she gave me the biggest hug and said she had "a brilliante, fantastico, super, dupa day". This made it all worthwhile and hopefully I will brave enough to do it again soon.

Thats awesome! I am so proud of you!

Sally Woo Woo!!!! Go gurl!!

Well done, so so proud of you hun,hope you had a brilliant day [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

xxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Curly, that is awesome, and think what a good time you and your daughter had doing that together...it's small steps like that that will get you through and make you braver and stronger....good job...and keep it up[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

your little girl sounds absolutely adorable!
    what a cute response to her day!