Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I heard my hubby get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night - actually I heard him coming back, which is a good thing becauseI would have panicked had I heard him get up. I just asked him if he was okay, he said yes, then I went back to sleep. He never got up again until it was time to go to work.

I just talked to him and he got into a little more detail about what was wrong. I was figuring it was just from him starting to take Prevacid about a week ago. Ever since he started, he has been have kind of loose, urgent bms - not d*, I guess, certainly not like he is sick, but not normal either. I guess when he got up, he had to go like that again but this time he was really gassy and it hurt really bad. He said he was getting really n*, about to v*, his mouth was watering and everything. He said if it wasn't for me, he probably would have. But, after he got it all out the other way, he was fine. He hasn't eaten a lot today (just a sandwich) because he is nervous about it happening again - but I don't think he is actually sick with anything. He has been at work all day. so I think he is feeling okay.

So, to the question, can gas and constipation/d* make you that n*? I have felt kind of n* before when it has happened to me, but I always contributed it to anxiety. I'm sure he didn't have the anxiety, so it must have been real n*. So - wasthe incidencejust due to the Prevacid, or maybe he did have a little bit of a sv?

I know that when i am having d...I kinda get the feeling sometimes that i dont know which way it will come out of for awhile...and I get really n...I think it was prob just a shock to his system late at night feeling gassy and having to go really bad an dhe got really n and it passed as long as tit was expelled out the other end...just my idea of what I think is wrong...

Constipation and gas CAN cause nausea- especially since both can cause considerable pain and discomfort. For many people, pain, especially in the midsection, can cause nausea. Hell, I get nauseous when I stub my toe!

<<He said he was getting really n*, about to v*, his mouth was watering and everything. He said if it wasn't for me, he probably would have.>>

I know your husband loves you very much, but this really concerns me. Vomitting is a natural and normal thing- him not vomitting due to your phobia can cause him even more discomfort, or make him nauseous for a longer period of time. Besides, if he does vomit it does not mean that it is any more or less likely to be a virus- the cause of him feeling sick is still the same. Vomitting can be the result of MANY things, not just a viral or contagious illness.

I honestly don't think he should feel obligated to NOt be sick because of your phobia- and I am not saying that you are telling him not to, but rather he may feel he has to, to avoid you getting anxious. I mean absolutely no offence- but to me that is really not healthy.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

<<He said he was getting really n*, about to v*, his mouth was watering and everything. He said if it wasn't for me, he probably would have.>>

I know your husband loves you very much, but this really concerns me. Vomitting is a natural and normal thing- him not vomitting due to your phobia can cause him even more discomfort, or make him nauseous for a longer period of time. Besides, if he does vomit it does not mean that it is any more or less likely to be a virus- the cause of him feeling sick is still the same. Vomitting can be the result of MANY things, not just a viral or contagious illness.

I honestly don't think he should feel obligated to NOt be sick because of your phobia- and I am not saying that you are telling him not to, but rather he may feel he has to, to avoid you getting anxious. I mean absolutely no offence- but to me that is really not healthy.

*amber*

When he is really sick, he doesn't hold it in. I'm sure if it hadn't gone away so fast after he was "done," he probably would have. In the past when he has had a sv, fp or whatever, he definitely does not hold it in. He does try to do it where I can't hear him, though, because he knows how much anxiety his causes me. If he knows he can't hold it, he tells me to leave, so even though I know it's going on, I can't actually hear it happening. I'm sure he would agree with you that he shouldn't hold it in - not only for himself, but for my benefit (exposure thereapy, so to speak) but right now with the baby he is so scared of making me stress that he does everything he can not to. I am not really stressed about this at the moment, I am actually kind of proud of mself for going back to sleep so quickly after it happened last night. Usually I lie there and worry about if I am going to get it.

I can completely vouch for constipation and gas causing severe nausea, as that is what I have had for the last 2 days. I wasn't able to go to the bathroom the first time I needed to - so I held it in. Well, I couldn't go for quite a while longer... I have finally gotten rid of *most* of it, I think, and my nausea has gone down some - but I still have the after effects.

I ate this afternoon and now I feel nasty, but I have to eat for the sake of a full-day tomorrow. I know EXACTLY what class and group of students I'm facing and without energy, they will take me down and beat me.

I am still very nauseated and my mouth always waters excessively. I went to work feeling this way because I didn't have a fever and thought it was just related to my "bowel issues". My body gets off kilter so fast and I don't have time for it this week. I figured if I got sick at work, then I could just go home and be done with it. If I called in sick and then didn't get sick at home, I would be bailing on my kids (at the middle school I sub at ALL THE TIME!). I know calling in would have only caused more trouble and I hadn't V* or had D*, so I went in - made it through, but my nerves combined with the stupid constipation stuff have made my day quite miserable.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I've had times where I've had to go br, and man I'll get so nauseas feeling I'm afraid to go br because erm going makes the nausea worse. I mostly always feel better after and I never have gotten sick from it actually, but sometimes it feels like I could be sick if I thought about it a bit more. This usually happens with sometimes d* or if its looser. Its awful feeling, but it doesn't happen real often. Its usually at night or in the evening if its going to happen. I think its cause its more of a shock to the system when you have been sleeping or are getting settled to sleep.

When I get an IBS attack badly sometimes I don't know which end needs to be at the toilet lol the nausea can be quite intense. Usually once I've been, about 10 minutes later the nausea passes and everything is ok again, but man beforehand that nausea can be a bitch! So yeah it's possible lol
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Cramps and d* usually make me nauseous. For an emet, I am sure anxiety comes into play, but for a non-emet I think a lot of it is just the digestive system being wonky and leading to overall feelings of ick.