Hi all,

I was just reading about vitamins and nutrition and came across some interesting info about a couple of nutrients that specifically affect stomach stuff. (I copied the sources of the information below as well.) I added the bold sections so you could see them easier in the text. Pretty interesting, huh?

Girl Drummer
<H6>Vitamin B6:</H6>

Also referred to as pyridoxine HCl, this B vitamin can only work in our bodies for eight hours. Then we must get more. Deficiencies of vitamin B6 are noted in many diseases. Vitamin B6 helps us make antibodies, helps stop nausea, reduces morning sickness, relieves mouth dryness caused by certain medications, helps reduce leg cramps, numbness in the hands, helps us use protein and fats, and helps make niacin. With folic acid, B6 can reduce harmful levels of homocysteine, an amino acid implicated in heart disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Source: Leklem JE. Vitamin B6. In: Shils ME, Olson JA, Shine M, Ross AC, Eds. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. 9th ed. <st1lace w:st="&#111;n"><st1:City w:st="&#111;n">Baltimore</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="&#111;n">Md</st1:State></st1lace>: Lippincott Williams &amp; Wilkins; 1999:413-421.

<H6>Folic Acid: </H6>

Also called folate, this B vitamin has made huge headlines recently for its powerful ability to prevent spina bifida, a serious birth defect.27 A recent study determined that folic acid reduces the risk of breast cancer in women who drink alcohol.28 Folic acid can also help milk production in nursing mothers; reduce pain; make our skin look healthier; kill the germs that cause food poisoning; help cells grow and divide; and help make DN
Source: Herbert V. Folic acid. In: Shils ME, Olson JA, Shine M, Ross AC, Eds. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. 9th ed. <st1lace w:st="&#111;n"><st1:City w:st="&#111;n">Baltimore</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="&#111;n">Md</st1:State></st1lace>: Lippincott Williams &amp; Wilkins; 1999: 433-458.