Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Flu

My mom is sick with the flu. I am really scaired I'm going to get it. My mom doesn't really understand my emet. so if she sees me in my room all day, she may think I am being mean. Right now I'm at the point where I want to walk 2 miles to buy one of those nurses masks. I feel like I am being selfish because I am not helping out but, what should I do?[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

I'm sure your mom doesn't think you are being mean. I would stay in my room too, and try to stay out of contact. Just b/c she has it doesn't mean you'll get it too. You don't need a nurses mask, since the sv isn't airborne. Keep calm, and if you feel bad about not helping, just ask if she needs something staying a longer distance away from her, if it makes you more comfortable. Pretty sure, she's gonna just want to be alone. Take care.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Thank you for your help, Crystal.
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

You are most welcome. Let us know how it all turns out.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Flu, as in head-cold flu or stomach flu?

Just try and let your mom rest and if anything, be more helpful around the house. She will love to know that you are taking care of things for her so she can rest and get better. If she doesn't feel the pressure to take care of the family while she is sick, she is less likely to spread her germs around too
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UPDATE!!!!

You were all right and my mom didn't think I waas being mean. I was probably overreacting. And the good part is that I DIDN'T CATCH IT!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kingdom hearts II