Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Is it possible to have emet. and still be okay with eating? I've read alot of posts and everyone is saying they are too scaired to eat and I am fine with eating. I am average weight and healthy but I am not sure. Yes, Idid become a vegetarin because I was scaired about eating meat but I still eat food normaly. Can someone tell me?
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

I am emet and still eat like a pig, so...yes! :-)

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

We eat. Some just eat more than others.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I stopped eating normally for abou a year, but recently started to eat
    again. Im having my first pizza tonight! lol i havnt had pixxa since
    my birthday in november 2004 [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img], and it was my fav food. I have
    a virus at the moment, and my stomach keep hurting a bit from the
    glands, but im having to force myself to eat as when i don't i have
    like these horrible mood swings? and i get very depressed.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There have been times when my emet was really bad that I didn't eat much and either lost weight or maintained what I had. There have been times when my emet wasn't so bad that I gained weight.

Unfortunately, my emet has been under control the past few years so my weight hasn't been! It takes really dire predictions about Norwalk to get me to lose weight.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I eat but not really healthy foods, but I do eat. It scares the crap out of me to eat sometimes, depending on what it is I'm eating but I still eat like a pig most of the time. But I did go through periods of time where I wouldn't eat cause of it and lost a WHOLE bunch of weight.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

If there's an sv* going around, I go into starvation mode, but otherwise I'd say I eat pretty normally. I'm really looking forward to Easter- all that chocolate, yum!

I have a lot of foods I won't eat because I've been ill after eating them and the likes, and I'm also vegetarian, but other than that I eat normally and am even slightly overweight :P

Many people on this board love to eat and enjoy food! I don't care much for it... but so many people here really do!!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Even when my fear was more intense, I've always loved food and eaten anything that I want.

Same as Japa. I LOVE love love food..don't know how I could live without it.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

My eating depends on my level of anxiety at the time. If I am really suffering then I barely eat which sends me on a downward spiral as my stomach shrinks and I don't have an appetite at all. It takes for a good day for it to return to normal.

In saying that though, I don't eat breakfast, rarely eat lunch. Only normally have a small bite to eat in the afternoon and then my dinner. I don't think this is emet related. It's just who and what I am. Not fussed by food. There are lot of us that don't eat a lot in the day, my husband is the same and he is definately not an emet.

Mostly depends on my anxiety in the day,or if im traveling..

If I travel I dont really eat until im home,I do really really like food just sometimes I cant eat for this fear but,when I do,I try to eatr as healthy as possible lol

I pretty much eat all day long. Sometimes I wish I was scared to eat. LOL!!

I eat pretty normally most of the time. When my anxiety is triggered I find it hard to eat because I get queasy, but I don't not eat out of a fear of getting sick. I would much rather v* (if I have to ) with something in my stomach anyway. It hurts less than dry heaving.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    I pretty much eat all day long. Sometimes I wish I was scared to eat. LOL!!

LOL- DITTO FOR ME! I'm like a goldfish- I keep eating until all the food is gone, whether I'm still hungry or not!

*amber*

Amber, that is EXACTLY what I do!!! LOL

I'm an absolute pig as well....within reason anyway - I used to be three stone overweight and lost it through healthy eating and exercise. However my love of food has not diminished! I'm just about to eat spotted dick and custard!! Mmmmm

LOL kelly i'm with you on that!! i sometimes wish i was scared to eat too! i'll eat virtually anything. sometimes if i feel funny after i eat something, i'll tell myself, "ugh, never eating that again"... and then as soon as i'm hungry again i forget i ever said that. lol
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Yes, I eat. As a matter of fact when my emet was at it's worst I pretty
    much could not let myself get hungry because whenever I started feeling
    hungry I'd go into panic attack and start getting n*.

Haha I love pigging out! I've been known to eat entire boxes of oreos in under 24 hours, have multiple bowls of ice cream for breakfast. I always love putting on pj's and pigging out with my girlfriends.

I'm not going to let emetophobia get in the way of appreciating a really good meal! I love food!
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.