Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: IBS?

With IBS, I experience alot of constipation which in turn can make me feel very n* sometimes..

It seems to go from one end to the other but never d*, that really isnt part of my IBS.

Do people who have consitpation find that sometimes they end up after being constipated for a while and then in then end up going about 3 times a day for a few days?

Im just worried incase something bad is happening in my system?

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey.

I have the same. I used to get bad D* in the morning, but then it calmed down for a while, but it then came back and i seem to have the same thing. I think its when i change my diet rapidly it happens. I think maybe drinking fruit juice, and eating fruit, wheat and bran things may help? but keep it balenced so your not having to much so its D*, as i found when i eat to much wheat it hurts my stomach and can give D*.

xx

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

ibs or no ibs, I do know that the fear response (sympathetic nervous system) WILL shut down digestion temporarily. That's why, when humans totally panic, they never vomit. But they don't digest properly either. I swear this is all linked into the emetophobia somehow, and I'm on the edge of writing it up professionally. Anyway....you can only go so long with your system "shut down"...and I'm sure it's painful. Then perhaps you relax and the whole thing works again.

Just an idea. If you're concerned, you should talk to your doctor for sure.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thankx roofus & sage...

I really do agree with you there sage, I know whe Im nervous my whole body goes up ****s creek lol, its just hard because I suffer from piles,embarrasing I know,but it doesnt help with IBS..

I did go to my Docs about it and he sugested before going onto any pills I up my fiber ect and eat at regular times and Ive tried it,thing is seems to just bug up the 3 days later im in and out all day..

Kind of stops alot what I can do in the day/night when ever its happening..

Thankx again both of you xx

hey violet,

just whittle away at the anxiety disorder..that's the trick. Once you get that under control and treated, your bowel problems will probably disappear.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Well I made the first steps on Friday..

Went to be assesed for a psychiartist and CBT putting me on pills Clomipramine25mg then upto 100mg after 2 weeks,im not actually to happy about going on them..

Just hope I can handle talking all about it, It was bad enough yesterday,maybe thats where all this bunged up came from..x

xx