Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I went to the doctor today because I felt like I was getting a bladder infection. She thinks I am, but the culture won't be back for sure until next week, and she did see white blood cells in my urine. While I was there she did another test for preterm labor - it came out positive. So, I am now on bedrest until the end or at least until she feels comfortable letting me go back to work. I am also on some type of medication to stop my uterus from contracting (not that it was, but just to prevent it I guess). This is going to be a long 3 months!

Aww sillygirl, I hope everything works out okay. Do you like to read? Sew? Cross stitch? That may help pass the time....

Three months of bedrest? Ick!

Oh well, it'll give you plenty of time to relax and what time to you need that more than when you're pregnant? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Bummer! It sounds like you have a great doctor, who is serious about doing what is best for you and your little one. Keep us posted on how things are going. I will send happy thoughts your way!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Just think of it as "your time" to get caught up on stuff, enjoy some hobbies, etc. You will be plenty busy once the baby comes. This down - time will be good for you[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

3 months of bedrest!! I agree with shiva, you have a great doctor!!
    Everything will be fine sillygirl.
    How are you feeling?

I am so sorry to hear that. you must be so worried, just follow your doctor's orders and I am sure everything will be fine. Did she put you on anything for the bladder infection? Why is it going to take so long for the culture to come back--they can usually do that in 15 minutes! UTI's are a leading cause of preterm labor. (I know this, I had 3 or 4 when I wa pregnant with my oldest and they were worried about that with me!)

I agree with you all that I do have a pretty good doctor. I am glad she is being cautious rather than risking my baby. I really feel fine other than the side effects of this medication! I am on an antibiotic for the UTI (I just took my second dose) and something to make sure I don't start contracting. I did okay with the first dose of antibiotics, so hopefully I won't have any problems with them. The other stuff they put me on is really screwing me up. I am so shakey and just feel out of it. It is really hard to type because I am shaking so bad, so I think I will go back to watching a movie now. I sure hope I don't have to stay on this stuff for three more months!

That sounds terrible. Maybe the side effects will wear off after you have been on it for a little while. I really hope everything is okay. Let us know if you need anything!

I feel really n* now. I'm not sure if it from one of the drugs or just anxiety or what. I am trying to just sip on a Sprite right now. I think I am going to call the on-call doctor and ask if I can stop taking something or at least reduce the dosage. I can't lay down right now because my stomach is so upset. I really hate this!

sillygirl my heart goes out to you. time will go by fast and you will have that baby in your arms!!