Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Everyone else can comment too if they'd like. I was just wondering if you take your kids to the movies?? My daughter is 3 and she is just now able to start going and enjoying herself....i would like to take her to a lot this summer since my husband will be deployed and we will be bored. Only thing is we have only taken her once and of course she wanted popcorn so we got her the kid's pack with popcorn, soda, and candy. I worried the whole time that she would v* from too much junk food. Anyone else worry about that? Do you still take them? Have they ever been ill from it? I think i'm just worrying too much because it seems like she is eating way too much but apparently she just really likes popcorn and can eat a lot. I would love to hear your stories and opinions.

Carin

I always took my kids to the movies! They're all grown up now. And I used to worry about what they ate all the time too,...trying to give them a healthy diet. But if she's had a very nutritious breakfast and lunch, and then you give her a popcorn that should be ok. I used to sneak juice boxes in in my purse, cuz the pop/soda is so expensive, nasty and large.

Once my kids were older they made up their own minds about what they ate and they all had stomachs of steel anyway...lol

Have fun at the movies!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've 2 kids, one 7 and one 2, both boys. I take my eldest to the movies all of the time, I think he went first time when he was 3. He had the kids snack meal, scoffed it all, half of mine and then had Mcdonalds for lunch. He was not sick not even close. I guess it depends on how much your daughter eats in general. My toddler eats more than me in a day. He too has been to the movies but his attention didn't last that long. My dad affectionately calles him 'TT', Typhoon Trent so this didn't really come as a surprise.

I think that it would be great for you to take your daughter to the movies. Kids generally know when they have eaten enough.... sometimes I wonder with the amount of food that Trent eats but he is never sick, just a great big porker, lol.

Go and enjoy yourself.

My kids are only 4 and 1.5, but neither of them has ever eaten themselves sick, so I don't usually worry about it (not that it never crosses my mind). I think you should go, and have a good time.