Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Husband issues

Day after day, I feel like I am watching my husband and marriage slip away. Before, he used to be so sincere when he would try and comfort me. Now, it is an automated response..."You're fine, Amy." Has anyone out there found a successful way to help your partner/spouse comea little closer to understanding this fear?
    *Amy*

Hey

have you maybe thought about going into the Treatments thread and giving your husband some material to read from it,there is a thread in there for family members..

Maybe he could take some info and you some reasurance from that?

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My hubby is pretty understanding, he has looked at some of the stuff on here with me which was a great help.However I know he struggles with the contstant questioning from me.

A couple of days ago we had a big rowafter a big meal and he spent 20 minutes in the bathroom, I kept asking what was wrong and he kept saying he was bloated (which did make sennse, altho not then)when he came out the bathroom I moaned as he shut the window (I always have windows open when Im home, evern if its freezing outside) and left the door open. He kewpt saying "nothing happened" but I still panicked all night.

On the husband issues front - I am having major issues with him at the moment becos I just feel so alone, and I feel like he doesnt care, (he is also very lazy and useless around the house -I am the painter/decorater/gardener/mender of stuff etc) yet weve been together 11 years and married for nearly 5, and I just dont know what to do. I also feel alone as I cant talk to my family (mum thinks hubby is an angel and my dad suffers from anxiety so I dont want to worry him).

And of course feeling like this doesnt help my emet or IBS either. Sometimes I feel like Im on a hamster wheel and cant get off.......

Sorry to get into a bit of a rant Amy, I only wanted to respond to your post but got carried away!!!

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]