Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Cancer...

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering if any one ever thought that there might already be a cure for cancer. My mom had breast cancer and my grandma died from cancer. It's not a fun thing to have to watch a loved one go through that. It's a terrible thing and so sad to watch. Personally, I think there is a cure, but they are not going to say b/c then how would those doctors who specialize in it still make their money? What do you guys thing? Just a curious post.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I meant what do you guys think? lol Sorry.lol
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I talked to my Dad about this a few times, and we've kinda decided that the pharmaceutical companies wouldn't be able to capitalize on it anymore if people were cured, which is sooooo sad!!!! Cancer is an UGLY illness, and people shouldn't have to live through that! But, of course, the bottom line, MONEY,is always more important topeople! That is a shame. My hubby's parentsboth died of cancer, and I know someone who is in end-stage cancer, and it is sooo sad!! I hate to see people go through that.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

You should read Kevin Trudeau's book about this and the pharmacutical
    companies. It is fascinating- I couldn't put it down...

Quote Originally Posted by lgood22573
    You should read Kevin Trudeau's book about this and the pharmacutical
    companies. It is fascinating- I couldn't put it down...

I want that book!!!!

I'm trying to get hubby to consent to me buying it.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Hey, I wonder if I can get a cheap one on AMAZON.COM
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I swear I just could not put that book down! I literally read it from cover
    to cover.

I've heard it before, that there may bea cure for cancer that's not being released so that companies can continue making money.. that sounds so sad, but I do somewhat believe that. I remember, 2 years ago in my bio/chem class, we watched a video about a new type of cancer treatmentthat was very successful and could be used instead of chemo... the weird thing is, I haven't heard anything further about that treatment since the class. I would Hope that people care more about human life, then making money, but I still would not be surprised if that is not the case in this situation.....

Part of the issue is that before a treatment is available to the public, it has to undergo rigorous testing, trials, etc. It can take years before a treatment that showed positive results in a laboratory study to be translated into a treatment that is accessible to the public. There is way too much at stake to release a treatment before all of the kinks have been worked out, as they are dealing with people whose health is fragile to begin with. That, and because we live in such a litigious society now more than ever companies have to cover their asses to make sure that the treatments they develop don't have any unforseen consequences that could leave them open to lawsuits down the line.

I really would like to believe in some sort of conspiracy as it relates to a cure for cancer- but I know a few people who actually work in the field of medical research with this specific goal in mind, and they are so dedicated and passionate about the work, that I can't imagine that people who have dedicated to much time and effort into something would then hide it, or deny that it happened. That, and the first pharmaceutical company that does develop a cure and patents it will make TONS of money.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't have an opinion on whether cancer is cured or not, but I do know that kevin trudeau is full of crap, I saw it on 20/20...how this is like his 20th attept to rip people off an dhe is banned from selling any product, except for books because books is a form of freedom of speech...and that none of his stuff worked...

I personally don't believe there is a cure for cancer, I don't know how I would cope if I thought otherwise as I have lost so many close relatives and friends to cancer.

If a cure for cancer was found I believe nature would fight back with another deadly disease for people to profit from.

The close friend I lost to cancer last month was taking part in a trial to see if the thalidomide drug can help with lung cancer, so I will be interested in the outcome of this. To think this drug caused so much heartache a few decades agowhen if caused severe birth-defects after being usedon pregnant womento easemorning-sickness or to aid sleep. For it to be helpful with cancer treatment would be a turn up.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

My sister is studying Holistic Nutrition and has to do research on subjects such as this. Talking to her I am confident that there is definitely a cure for cancer and the fda is holding back.

As mentioned above, Kevin Trudeau has many eye opening things to say, and I think he's doing a great thing to open up the eyes of people as far as what they are doing to their bodies...

There was a book that my sister was studying that talked about some kind of root that the Native American's used to cure illness, which supposedly cures cancer. It can be made into a cream and will cure skin cancer, or taken to cleanse your body. It has been a while since we've discussed this, so excuse my lack of knowing all the details.. It went something like, the person who holds the patent to this now practices in Mexico and is currently curing many people of cancer. The fda wanted to buy the rights from him (but do something corrupt with the product, or cash in big time from it, not give recognition.. something) and the guy said no. They would not work with him. He and his team had tested and retested and found positive correlation that it was definitely curing cancers, but the fda wanted to do their own testing and again, this was somehow going to jeapordize his practice (which I believe he even offered this free to people who needed it. I think the guy who practices now is the son of the origional guy. something like that.. ) Anyway... My point is.. I can pretty much say that IKNOW IN MY GUTS there are cures to cancer. And YES it is all about MONEY. Makes you sick, doesn't it.

We actually just touched on this in one of my sociology classes. Right in my sociology book (which pretty much has to be written unbiased and based on facts) it is stated that the medical profession (including pharmaceutical companines) is all based on big money. It talked about how doctors use patients as guinea pigs. (especially cancer patients) and how they "sell" surgery, by making the paitient believe they will die without it. (because they need to reach their surgery "quota". An example was a gyno who told a woman that she should go ahead with a hystorectomy because "the ovaries and uterus can poetentially grow cancer". However, she only had fibroids. There are many ways to get rid of fibroids, but he wanted to do a hystorectomy. Notice his words.. "potentially...???" Just to add personally... I had uterine fibroids. I was in hell. I changed my diet and started Natural Hormone Therapy and they were all gone in SIX MONTHS. I had doctors telling me that without embolism, I would not get pregnant, and with embolism, getting pregnant is hard. I went to a natural hormone pharmacist and have never felt healthier. (anxiety and depression included) NOTE: Natural hormones are not cancer causing because they have the same molecular build of our own occuring hormones... My other doctor wanted to try to fix this issue with birth control. Problem being, the birth control he had me on had high estrogen and fibroids rely on estrogen to grow... hmm.. was he fishing for surgery??? I have to wonder.

Anyway.. I am sorry this got so long. I feel very passionately about the subject. (obviously : )
    \"This too shall pass\"

<<<Right in my sociology book (which pretty much has to be written unbiased and based on facts) it is stated that the medical profession (including pharmaceutical companines) is all based on big money.>>>

I'm not going to argue with the actual information you have mentioned- but I do have to take issue with this statement here. One of the principles of sociology is that there is no objective, unbiased 'truth'. Even the 'facts' as how someone sees them are influenced by their race, gender, age, socio-economic status, and political affiliation- sociologists are not exempt from this. Inevitably we are all human- since we can never divorce ourselves from this fact, there will never be objectivity when it comes to observations/inferences that we make about other people, groups of people, or disciplines.

Sociology and the natural sciences are often set up as competing disciplines- it's only inevitable that one be critical of the other. SOciology views science and medicine as being easily manipulatable and ignoring the context- science views sociology as not a 'true' science and in need of a dose of scientific objectivity.

As someone who will be starting a PhD in sociology in the near future, I definitely agree with you that medicine/psychology cannot be separated from capitalism or patriarchy. In that way, it is far from being the 'objective' science that most people believe it to be. Part of what makes it so insidious is that it is ingrained into the disciplines to such an extentthat it often ends up being perpetuated without the knowledge of the actors.

However, sociology is far from being objective itself, and cannot be trusted as such. Anything that is heavily based on perceptions and interpretations of human behaviour by other humans is inherently biased. There are no objective 'truths' only perceptions.

Sorry for then philosophical semi-off-topic chatter; sometimes I read something and it gets my social-science senses tingling, lol. I can be really embarrassing at parties!

Shiva- glad you have an interest in sociology- to me there isn't anything more interesting than observing human behaviour- as a species we are so f***ed-up, lol. Have you read anything by Howard Zinn? He is technically a historian, but he often gets picked up by sociologists for his viewsof objectivity as it relates to history, and how certain perpectives are ignored. "A People's History of the United States" is a must read.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amber,

I agree and I understand where you are coming from. I just found it to be a little more helpful on my side of the argument to mention something like a sociology book as opposed to spending too much time on Kevin Trudeau or some other self help hippie..

To me this topic is much like politics or religion. People's beliefs on these subjects are so much the core of who they kind of 'need' to be, that arguing them is sometimes just dead end. It is, however, gratifying when you can get someone from the other side of the spectrum to tap into your own personal ideals, or just open their minds up to something new in general; although this is definitely a rare occurance.

I think sometimes people need to believe that their doctor, their leader and their priest are all out for their best interest. They have to have faith in that, or the anxiety will eat them alive. I guess that is the mentality I am challenging here. However, I am not much different from them. I feel just as passionate about my beliefs, and it would more than likely take a lot to budge me to believe differently. I truly do feel in my guts that something has gone awry where the medical field is concerned and even though I understand the basis of science, I always tend to go with gut instincts first.

And I will definitely check out some Howard Zinn this summer when I get some time to relax with a book.
    \"This too shall pass\"