Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

My boyfriend and I went a wedding today...Fun fun...I'm always a little skittish about the buffet stlye thing, but I didn't even think about it once today. I was so proud of myself.

Untill we get home.

I started kissing my boyfriend, you know, hoping that it would perhaps lead to other things and well, he told me that he wasn't in the mood because stomach was upset. I feel so stupid asking "What do you mean? When did it start? Are you n*, too??)

And now he's in the bathroom and has been in there forever. I think he has d*. I hope that he isn't sick and hopefully doesn't have food poisioning, we ate the same things for dinner.

I'm all nervous and even though I'm spending the night at his house tonight, something tells me that I will be sleeping on the couch because of my anxiety...And I don't want to be anywhere around should he have to go in the bathroom again to d* or v* even...The couch is much farther away from the bathroom...I think I'll be using the bathroom in the basement tonight, too!!

To be on the safe side, I would sleep closer to a bathroom. I always feel safer closer to a bathroom or with a trashcan nearby (just in case). Could you sleep in the basement maybe? Ask yourself how YOU were feeling before he said something to you. Judge those feelings first and then decide where you need to sleep tonight.

You could have fp or you could not have it. It could also be he is tired from a long day or maybe he had too much sun today. Just remember - just because one person gets sick from eating something, doesn't mean it was food poisoning. Everyone's stomach is different and maybe his stomach just couldn't handle the spice combinations or the grease or the heaviness of the meal. He could have also eaten something yesterday that is just now hitting his lower digestive track.

Play it by ear and do keep us posted.

*hugs*
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Melis,

Don't worry. People who aren't emet are MUCH more likely to be sick from food that's even gone a bit off...OR a virus. Emets have stomachs of steel!

And if it lessens your anxiety, then don't be ashamed to sleep on the couch...just do it. You're as "sick" as he is, remember...only with you it's emotional, not physical. But just as tough. If you make your mind up to sleep elsewhere, and can feel confident about it, that should help your anxiety a lot.

I hope everything is ok. How sad that the fun wedding day's got a bit of a damper put on it now. These things happen. Tomorrow's another day. God bless!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Well, I did sleep on the couch. He got up a few times and has still been feeling sick this morning. I'm still very nervous, but not gotten sick and I don't feel sick, eitherr, but I think I'll be leaving to go home soon...I don't want to be around right now...