Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: uhhhh!!!!!

Counselor--"Why do you think your phobic?"

Me-- "I dont know. Probably because of when I got sick that one time."

Counselor--"Other people get sick but dont become phobic."

Uhhhhh. Well duh!!! Common sense there!!! I gave the counselor that Emetophobia FAQ Page. Maybe she'll read it and learn something.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

No offence if you're friends with this counsellor but what the hell is she on?!?!?!

Anyway, Ive had a therapist for the past year and a half and he has done wonders with me. If you ever need any pointers on tackling the phobia, just give me a shout
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I really like the counselor...just not that comment she made. It really pissed me off to be truthful.
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

ugg that is awful! How has she helped you inother ways? I mean is she helping? She may of just wanted to get that kind of logic and thaught into your mind (or she could just not be very good) But I'l give her the benefit of the doubt (ish) Has she helped?

I've only seen her four times. Still too early to tell. She gives good advice but I'm too stubborn to follow it. Has she helped with the actual phobia--not at all. But if I stress to her that its more of an issue than my cutting then maybe she'll help with the phobia too. Still too soon to judge her.
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Yeah, keep an open mind. My psychiatrist didn't seem very helpful...he was more baffled by me than anything. But now I'm thinking that I didn't let him help me very much...I didn't let him do any exposure therapy or anything so he probably didn't know what else to do.
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.