Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My two older girls had a nasty sv last week. It had a two day incubation and my oldest got it late Thursday night. I was just starting to relax and think my youngest wouldn't come down with it but just now she went into my oldest daughter's room and somehow found the cup that she had been drinking out of while she was sick! She stuck it in her mouth before I could grab it and now I am completely freaking out because I am sure she is going to get sick now. I just don't see how she can avoid it after contaminating herself that way. I am so angry because I spent so much time in that room changing all the bedding, spraying Lysol on every surface, I even threw out the book she had been reading when she v* just in case it had some microscopic stuff on it. I was such a freak about cleaning and somehow I missed that darn cup!!! It must have been under the bed or something. I don't know where she grabbed it from. It all happened so fast. Anyway, I can't stop obssessing about it and I'm terrified she is doomed now. Thanks for listening. I can't tell all this to anyone else.

Wow- that is a hard one. It has been a pretty good while since your
    oldest was sick. But I have no idea how long germs could live in a moist
    enviornment like that. If it was any other object, I would say no way, but
    a cup with liquid- I just don't know. Maybe someone else will know the
    answer.

germs don't live long on hard surfaces, they thrive on moisture and multiply. When was the last time your daughter drak from the cup? If it was last week, I wouldn't worry.

Did she drink out of the cup? if she just put her mouth on it I would still consider that a hard surface, if she drank from it, I dont know how long the germs would stay in there.

I would call the doctors office and speak with the nurse--hopefully all will be OK, so sorry that happened!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

She managed to get a single slurp out of it as I ripped it out of her hands. Unfortnately the girls had rotavirus which lives FOREVER in the environment. My only hope is that the virus wasn't in my sick daughter'ssaliva since it is usually passed in feces. I think I will call the doctor's office and ask. Of course, there's nothing we can do now but wait.....

Let us know what the doc says...................
    ~*~Charlene~*~