Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help?

Ok, Right ive felt n* for most of the day now,that kind of lump in the back of my throat, the way I feel when im traveling when I have to swallow alot to get rid of it for 2 mins.

Im cold and a bit tired at the moment and generally feeling ****

This feeling in the back of my throat is a little weird to me and as the time keeps going by its making me feel worse..

PLEASE tell me this isnt what I think it may be?

xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, im sorry your feeling like this. I used to get the same feeling when i used to worry about something? then what i would do is i would keep thinking about it more and more, then i kept swallowing constantly and kept thinking about the feeling in my thraot. Have you been sleeping? as i got this when i never used to et much sleep i used to feel sick for 1/2 days. Lack of sleep can make you feel very n* i know i sure have done when i don't sleep i used to shake and feel really cold, but once i was asleep i was fine. I hope that your ok, and that you keep calm and try not to worry. Have you had a drink or anything to see if that helps?..maybe some tea?..that really helps me when i feel n* with two sugars so its sweet. Take care.

Ruth xx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I get this when Im feeling anxious (lump in the throat, difficult to swallow) I think its just anxiety that causes this. I know ewhen Im majorly worried about certain things and up and coming events that I get it.

Also my dad, who is defo not an emet, suffers from this all the time and he suffers from clinically diagniosed anxiety/depression. He is my confidante and the only one who truely understands me!!!

Hope this helps Violet!!! I am sure you are fine and hope you are finding it easier to relax now.

Laney xxx

hi violet

i know this is going to sound very, very weird, but sometimes i find that when i feel n* and get a lump in my throat, it always always goes away if i start to cry (ex. watching a very sad movie). i don't know why it does this, and maybe it's just me that this happens too, but it can't hurt to try lol.

good luck

-hayley xoxoxo
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

hey i alwasy find crying helps too!

I now really have bad gas,its coming out of no where,So much of it??

I ate a salad ready made from the shops and it had colselaw in it and it sometimes puts my stomach off, and now this really has put my bowels off!!

Anyone got any ideas on this?

x

Hey Violet,

I get this when I eat any dairy.. Lump in the thoat and gas.. Maybe you are lactose intolerant?

--Kim

Colslaw having mayo in it does it have dairy?

this has only happined twice now but its horrible..

How do I find out if I am or not,cant really firgure out what it is..

Really nasty =(

they say after as certain age ( prob teens ) that your body stops making th eenzyme to digest dairy...that it really is only meant for babies...so there are alot of people who are lactose intolerant...you can try finding enzymes at a pharmacy...or talk to your doctor abou tit...I cannot drink milk and the worst for me is ice cream for some reason...

Yeah, no milk for me either.. But I suffer for cheese.. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

It helps just knowing what it is though.. There are products you can take to make it better. But I dont know if they will help the throat thing.

--Kim

Hey, Violet, hope you're feeling better by the time you read this, but here's what I think:

It's very common to get that lump-in-the throat feeling when you're anxious. I've had that before. It goes away when you feel calm again. As for the gas - you've eaten coleslaw which has raw cabbage in it. Sounds like a major gas-maker to me!

You're definitely ok. Feel better soon!!

fiona x