Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hypnotherapy

has anyone ever tried Hypnotherapy? i have before and found it really useful to help knock on the head what was making me fearful to go out. this was about two years ago, and obiously im not cured, but it helped alot, she also gave me relaxation cds to play, they help, i still listen to them now!

however i think it helped my anxiety more than anything else.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I tried hypnotherapy, also about 2 years ago. I didn't continue to do the excercises at home, though and so it was no longer helping. I do believe if someone is willing to go regularly and work on it at home, that it does take the edge off.
    \"This too shall pass\"

yeah, it only took off the edge though, i wouldnt say it solved my problem. it did mean that i could go out again though, so that was good. there will still be a remaining fear, if i go out will i see someone be sick. but i think that will always be there

im waiting for an appointment for it

I tried it, and it did not help at all. Maybe a different therapist would have helped.

my therapist was really good! she had been doing it for years, and i got her on recommendation. i think that is the best way to get a therapist, becuse you know if you are waisting your money or not then.

because i was 15/16 at the time, it was hard to find someone who was willing to do hypnotherapy on me, she was one of very few, she also works with children younger than me to help with all types of problems.

also it is probally best to choose a therapist that you dont know, because you will feel that you can open up to her more.