Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am really scared I cannot go through another time where im worried about norwalk...i went through this 3 years ago when it was really bad and it changed my whole life to revolve aroun demetophobia...is there hope this will just pass soon?

Carolee, you know these damn virus's are going to be around all the time...it's just the ones we hear about that throw us off gaurd and keep us in a panic. Just try to remember that it's always around, and we can't control it, but we can try to think about other things to get our minds off of it. I know that's not very consoling...but i don't know...i think we are going to drive ourselves nuts if we can't think of anything else......is it Spring there yet? I find that it's helping me out alot to think of all the things i am going to be doing this summer. It takes my mind off emet!!!!! I don't know what else to say but please do try to keep your mind occupied with something else....good luck....Kate
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Carolee- if it makes you feel better, a norwalk outbreak in a hospital is not all that uncommon, and really should not be viewed as evidence that you will be sick, or that the virus is going around a lot worse than previously.

The thing with hospitals is that everyone is in close quarters, and when staff are moving back and forth between patients, even if they take a lot of precautions sometimes it still manages to spread. I know here in Ottawa a wing of one of the hospitals was quarantined because of norwalk- and it didnt make the news at all. I only know about it because all the hospitals are linked, and when something like this happens in one, they make sure to get the word out to the others. And once they do realize that an outbreak is going on, they are really careful to contain it and stop it from spreading further.

If it makes you feel better, my boyfriend is IN the hospital 50 hours or more a week- and he hasnt gotten it yet!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys..I am just really scared, especially cause my niece an dnephew whom i live with are in daycare and school, so i worry if it starts to go around then it will b ebrought in the house...im worrying abou tnewspaper i touched like come on, this phobia i hate it!

I think its always around in hospitals, its only when you hear about it you panic. When i was in hospital about 3 months ago luckily i got put into my own room as they knew i had this phobia, the woman next door to me had it and i heard her v* and i was like "argh" but the nurse ran in to help her, gave her an antiemetic and she was fine and up talking and laughing again within 15 minutes. My friend also had it once, and my other friend went round there and never got it from her.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

It could just be confined to the hospital patients that were already in
    there (how horrible). I think you'll be fine.

Yeah, I wouldn't at all bother thinking about what's going on and around in a hospital as an indicator of whether I will catch something. A hospital is a place for sick people of all types, so anything and everything will be going around in hospitals. You're not sick. You're not in the hospital. So you don't need to worry. Edited by: japa

Carolee,

Try to think of it this way.. Your neice and nephew were recently sick and you did not catch it. Just because it's close to you doesn't mean you will catch it. Try really hard not to worry about it.
    \"This too shall pass\"

i am pretty sure I did catch it from them actually...I had d* for days and felt really off ( just liek my sister did as well ) I know it is dumb to obsess over this but I am really freaking out about everything, my bf and I arent talking and he keep sgoing to the washroom and i dont think he feels well, i just ate cheese sauce with black diamond cheese slices new, and it tasted funny and im scared the kids are all over me...and my 1 yr old nephew put his extremely dirty hands in my mouth ( tasted dirty and salty ) afte rcoming home from daycare and then playing outside with dirty water and stuff right by the garbage pails I am freaking out...

Rufus I have to ask you this in that photo where I think its you dancing are you male or female? Kim

Well, you may have gotten somewhat sick, but you never vomited. Are you currently in therapy for your phobia? I think you could really benefit by someone working with you on behavioral modifications and working on positive thought processes. Is your anxiety always this high? Or is it because you have been dealing with lots of sickness lately? I get it bad from time to time now, whereas I used to live, eat, sleep and breath anxiety. It's a wonder I am here to tell ya about it.. I thought I was going to go mad.. seriously. So, it can get better. Somehow you just have to work on your thought patterns.
    \"This too shall pass\"

lol! roofus is female!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Carolee you did excellent when your niece and nephew were sick! You are just making yourself sick with worry about the <st1:City w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Norwalk</st1lace></st1:City> virus the virus that you probably won’t get. I was like you, worrying every minute of the day about stomach virus’s and now I don’t think of them very much. I know it is hard not to think about them but like Amber said her boyfriend works in a hospital and he hasn’t caught it. Hospitals are for sick people and unless you were in the hospital near some one who has the virus; you have nothing to worry about.