Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I was brave!

I promised myself that the next time something v* related came about that I would try my hardest to think straight and react in an appropriate matter. Well, my test has come. I am at work right now. When I got back from lunch, one of our employees was lying on the couch (10 feet from my desk) . Holding his stomach and groaning.. Then he got up and ran for the bathroom. Aaaaa!! I came real close to running out the door, but I remembered my promise. I stuck by my desk, and when he came out(looking green) I asked him if he was OK, and brought him some water. He said he was super dizzy and sick to his stomach, but didnt feel like he could drive. So he sat on the couch, and in and out of the bathroom for the next hour. I checked on him every once in awhile, and didnt run away. He just now felt good enough to drive home, and is gone now.

So I guess I did OK.. I tried really hard to think of how bad he was feeling, and not just think of how it would affect me. I am still not convinced that the percentage was higher in his favor. But I pretended it was, and that is a start right? I mean, a month ago I would have been writing how inconsiderate it was for him to stay here for the hour he was sick.. But I know he couldnt help it, and I do feel bad.. I am still going to disinfect all the doors in the office, but I am trying!! Go me!

--Kim

you did only ok? i think you've done great, not many of us can accomplish something like that yet, so i give you 2 thumbs up, thats awesome of you for staying there even though sumone may have been sick!! good for you hun!!
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

That's AWESOME! I have read previous thread about how angry you were before when faced with similar situations. It's great that you were able to be empathetic, and realize that no matter how scared YOu are, this person is going through something much worse!

You did a great job.....definitely be proud of yourself for this one.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh my God!!! Tink, thats amazing! I can't even imagine dealing with a situation like that as well as you did! Wow...

Thanks everyone! Of course if I had actually seen him v* it may have been different. But step by step, right?

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    --Kim

Kim Well done darling!!!!!!!

so so proud of you hun,you did so good,dont think I would have been as brave as you were, but you kept to your promise!!

Brilliant *hugs*

xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow- what a great step! You go girl!

You did it! Yay!! Good job Every little step matters. I am so proud to hear you handled the situation so well.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

WOW-----great job maintaining control!!!!!

What a great, strong person you are, and compassionate too, for helping him, poor guy!!

I can see why he was sick at work---being very dizzy is scary, and in no way can someone drive feeling like that! You understood that and emphasized with him.

You are a great person!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

well done

Excellent job!! I don't know if I would have stayed so calm!!

Well done! Feel proud of yourself - you deserve it.

WOW!!! I give you a lot of credit. I would've had to leave work for the day, and I would've been freaking out on my co-worker for not leaving and potentially getting someone else sick. WOW!! I wish I was as brave as you!!!