Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

A few weeks back I spent a few days at my boyfriends house, I had alot of contact with himand his family (we spent time together, went out for brunch, used the same bathrooms etc). And on the day when I was going to go home, his little brother woke up with a stomach flu. My bf didn't want to check on him, so I DID. He had a bowl infront of him and was surrounded with anti-nausea meds and pepto bismol. Even though we're not that close, I immediatley felt sorry for him and asked him if he needed anything. I even used the same bathroom he had been using while he was sick. My bf made a bed for him on the couch and we all sat in the living room together before my boyfriend and I left to take me to the bus. I didn't panic once. I didn't want to loose my cool in front of my boyfriends family and I knew that I could eal with the situation.

And you know what makes it even more nerve-racking? My poor boyfriend called me late that night, saying "babyy, i'm sorry, but you might get sick, i'm comingdown with what my brother had". Luckily I didn't get the flu, but I woke up next morning with strep throat. Haha

I just thought i'd share my story, because I was really proud of myself with the way I handled it
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Excellent!! You must be so proud of yourself, I am for you. You just took a first step with this phobia. You didn't freak out, you didn't want to leave right away. I think that is just awesome!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Liz -

Awesome! You SHOULD be proud of yourself. I'm pretty sure I would have just run out the door and walked to the bus!

Oh my gosh! That is so wonderful! Good job on staying calm for such a long period of time, and especially for not worrying yourself to death afterwards. You took a chance, and got through it just fine..

--Kim

Thanks guys, and I did feel quite a level of anxiety when I got home
    and when my boyfriend told me he was sick. But I pretty much stared at
    the stomach flu in the face
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good for you Liz You ROCK!

Think of this the next time you worry about someone around you being sick!

*amber*

BRAVE !!!!

That is all I can say......

They wouldn't have seen me for dust. I would have bolted.

WELL DONE !!! GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK

XXX
    There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

well done

Wouldn't have lasted that long! As soon as I would hear that someone is sick..I am gone!!! Good job! Really proud of you!!!