Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

If you get a chance, you have got to check out this website. I stumbled accross ot today in my mad panic (see my other post). Its really informative by physicians, here is the link to the page on antiemetics....

http://digestive.healthcentersonline...tivemedication s/antiemetics2.cfm

This is honestly the best, most imformative website that I have found to answer these questions.

Thanks! I'm going to check it out!

does that mean that my prochlorperazine wont work if i was going to get an sv or food poisoning im freaking out now!

Carolee- if you get good poisoning, you shouldn't take an antiemetic anyway, because in most forms of food poisoning it is actually a lot more beneficial to get the offending item out of your system AS SOON AS POSSIBLE- as opposed to letting it pass through your entire digestive system. That is why certain types of food poisoning have vomitting as a side effect- it serves a definitive purpose.

Remember- it's not vomitting that is the problem here.....

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been given Prochlorperazine (stemetil) and 3 doctors have said it would stop me v* in a sv, i think its just if you take it in time, but i know the injections work, as a lady in the room next door in hospital had the winter v* bug and they gave her an injection of it and she wasn't sick again after that and had dinner the same day, so they must be strong, also if they can stop you v* after chemo.Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry...not intended to make anyone freak out, but rather additional useful, rational, information to better educate ourselves.