Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay first the off topic question.

When my parents were out of town last week I went and stayed at their house for a day. Well they left all the cars there so I took one out to go pick up some Chinese food. The problem is, I don't have a lisence or insurence for that matter. I readjusted the seats but forgot to readjust the mirror so my sister, when she got in her car, realized that I had driven it. She's going to tell my parents and I can't stop her, I tried to bribe her into not telling them but that just made her more pissed. She promised NOT to tell them while I was still in the house with my mom and dad but she's probably told them now that I'm at my apartment. My plan is to not talk to them AT ALL until saturday. I'm screening my calls and trying to stay online as much as possible so they can't get through. Anyone have any advice on what to tell them and how to talk to them when I finally do have to confront them?

Secondly...I went to a Chinese resturant that I haven't been to in three years. I used to eat there like EVERY DAY when I was in highschool cause it was right around the corner from school. I never got food poisoning or sick from their food so it shouldn't be any different now right? It was SO GOOD but I'm sort of panicking a little. Any reassurence would be great right now!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Monica- your stress about situation one is probably what is making you worried about situation two. You know what everyone is going to say about situation two, so I'm just going to assume that you will know that we will say that you will likely be fine, have nothing to worry about, etc. And if it happened last week, you are in the clear. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to save us both some time, lol.

About the car situation- it's best to really 'fess up and tell the truth. I don't want to sound preachy, but what you did was illegal, and could have resulted in A LOT of trouble for both you and your parents. There is no really talking yourself out of that situation- you drove the car without a license or insurance, and it wasn't for an emergency. Yes, chinese food kicks a$$, but it doesn't warrant doing what you did in order to get it.

The longer you wait, you are just prolonging the agony. If anything, it will likely make them MORE pissed, because they know exactly why you are avoiding them, which allows the frustration to build. Go over. Face up to your actions and deal with the consequences. Be honest, and don't try to justify your behaviour- because in all honesty, from someonewho thinks you are awesome, there really IS no justification for this situation.

You are actually EXTREMELY lucky that dealing with your parent's wrath is the worst thing you have to deal with. What if you had gotten in an accident?

And try not to get angry or blow up.....turn the situation around- would you not be pissed?

Goodluck....thereare certaintimes in every person's life that they have to deal with the consequences of their actions. This is one of those times.

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you for your insight. You really think I'm an awesome person? Sweet. Anyway I know I shouldn't have driven the car but I think the point is I DIDN'T get into an accident...because I freakin KNOW How to DRIVE a CAR. Yes I COULD'VE gotten into an accident but I DIDN'T! Okay I'm not trying to sound snappy cause I really do want people's opinions on this. Yes it was stupid of me to drive the car but if you even KNEW the kind of crap...I mean...it's just not fair. They gave BOTH my sister's a car and NOT ME! BOTH OF MY SISTERS! AND THEY PAY FOR THEIR GAS MONEY AND INSURANCE and what do I get? NOTHING!! You'd wanna drive the car anyway too! Anyone else have an opinion?

~Monica

question one- I think that you need to get it over with asap...call your parents yourself even maybe? My question is if you are of age and no tliving with them...what is it your so afraid of? I think crim goddess was just concerned not with whether you can or cannot drive but what if some idiot smahsed into you, or a kid ran out on th estreet...it woul dmean major jail time fo ryou...and possibly you rparnets? But hey im not going to judge...Ya I think you should get it over with an dtalkt o your parents, you will have to deal sometime, better sooner than later...

question two- I think yo uhav eno reason to worry about the food...and unless you start to show signs try your hardest to get you rmind off ofit...it is a shame for us emets most of us have eaten nice meals an dnever truly get to enjoy them because we worry for hours afterwards... Hope you feel better about th esituation and things work out...

Not to harp- but I am also assuming the inevitable that both of your sisters have licenses? For me that is the big distinction....the fact that you didn't get into an accident doesn't negate the fact that you did something illegal. That's kind of like saying that it's okay to break the law as long as you don't get caught. I knew how to drive a car at 13- would that have made it right for me to drive?

You're right- it's not fair that your sisters both have cars and have their gas and insurance paid. But just saying that it is not fair won't change anything. Nor does it make it right totake the car and trying to justify it. All you can REALLY do about this situation is to get your license, and work hard to pay for your own car and insurance. Yep, it's rough. But in the end, you will appreciate it more than someone who has just had their stuff handed to them. Your anger about the situation is justified- but just being angry and bitter about it won't make things better. You'll just end up making things worse for yourself. Is it likely that harbouring resentment will make your parents MORE likely to get you a car? If the answer is no, then perhaps it will better serve you to try and move on. Yes, I know- easier said than done, but in the end, you will be a better person for it.

And I DO think you are an awesome, unique individual- and I know that you are angry about a lot of things in your family. Just don't use that anger, which is a valid emotion for what you are going through, allow you to justify acting in ways that are not appropriate. You are SO much better than that!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys...really thanks. I mean my parents are at a fancy dinner party tonight with my sister (I couldn't go cause of my social anxiety, that and the fact that one of the girls who is going to be there I HATE HER SO MUCH! She's a two timing bitch who only thinks of herself and I freakin can't STAND her...and she's always phony nice to me you know? Like in front of other people she's all nice but when they are gone she's totally mean) So I don't know if my sister wanted to ruin the party with the news or if she'll wait till later. Either way I know I can't call them now cause they aren't at home. But...BUT...since I don't know if she told them or not I'll call them tomorrow. I think it would be better to let my sister tell them...or give them time to cool off. You're right, there's not much they can do to me cause I'm living on my own but I should own up to it so when they DO call I'll admit it. I don't want to but I will. Anyone else have any ideas?

~Monica