Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I dunno whether it's my mind playing tricks on me again, but about 6 hours ago I ate lamb from last night, it tasted kinda weird, but mom said it would be ok.

Anyway, its been about 6 and a half hours and I'm feeling sick. I keep burping this repulsive suplhur tasting burp and my stomach is making funny noises and hurting. I've heard about this kinda thing a lot but damn! It's freaking me out.

I've got d*, but only half d*/mild d*. Still it's really making me feel like crap, and it's worrying me to high heaven.

I'm not sure if I'm trying to ask help or mainly just vent, most people sort of know I'm half over emet but everytime i get sick like this it brings the phobia back. Anything that is close to reliving the experience that happened to me in 2003.

Damn, just noticed I've started shaking, dunno whether I'm winding myself up or not, but I'll probably end up sitting here all night watching for replies.

How are you feeling now? Did the feeling pass?
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

If it was just from last night, and was in the fridge, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. Your symptoms are probably anxiety. I am a food safety nut. Waited tables for three years and went through all sorts offood safety classes. Hubby works in food industry--has informed me about sell by/use by dates, food storage, food freshness, etc. He has had extensive education about these things. Sounds like the lamb was fresh and should be fine.

Back, the lamb was overdated by 3 days, but it's 12:42, I ate it quite a while ago. I haven't v* but I've still got that damn burp and the runs (which has got worse). I'm not feeling as weak as last time though but I can feel some lower gut pains. All I can do I guess is drink lots of water. If I woke my parents over something like this they would hit the roof, so I gotta thank Jon for starting this site. I got someone to talk to. (who UNDERSTANDS!)

I'm still really nervous about the v* bit, I've been into the toilet 3 times feeling like I need to v*/burp but I can't, I'm not trying to fight it either. But my stomach hurts, it... actually feels like somethinc toxic is in there, sounds weird but I can sense it.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

I've had that happen to me and didn't v* but also didn't fight it. I figured, it might make me feel better to get rid of it if it's poison to my system, but apparently, I have my body too well trained, ha ha. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]My friends will make fun of me for this -"why keep something in you that is going to make you feel sick all day when you can just get rid of it and be fine?" I understand perfectly, but putting theory into practice is not as easy! I still panic and get cold sweats when I feel like I'm going to v* ARGH! Annoying isn't it?

This morning I ate a bigger breakfast than usual because I'm trying to get a litte healthier - I had this bran cereal with milk and a glass of orange juice. That did not sit well, I was going through the same thing you were going through for about two hours at work this morning. When I burped it tasted like sour orange juice, and I was thinking that the OJ and milk mixed in my stomach and somehow "went bad." That's what it sure felt like anyway.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Anyway, hopefully everything will settle down and the water will help move it through you.
    Take small account of might, wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds.

jay_rough

how u feeling now doll? wot happened to u in 2003?
    kath x

I had a little of the same problem today but I wasn't going to write about it. I am constipated and have hard stool most of the time. A lot of different foods cause me to have loose stool. Mon. was the last day I had a bm and it was small. Monday night I had steak and a LOT of spinach and 2 tomato sandwiches. Wed. I had 3 hot dogs and french fries plus more coffee than usual. Usually in the morning as soon as I walk around I get that urge to go but its not strong. So I sat down to go and this pile of thick unformed stool appears. Then awhile later I didnt have an urge to go but tried again, it was all mush, then 2 hard rocks came out, 1/2 hr later I needed to try again to see if it was hardening upit was small pieces this time. Then I tried again a couple hours again straining etc. and it was hard. This happens with certain foods for me but it seemsto happen, but there was so much stool. I was shaking so bad but felt ok. Maybe all that spinach I ate and all the caffeine {caffeine does it to me also if I go overboard} so I have been in a panic state ever since. Thinking I have you know what. I havent eaten all day, drinking a little coffee right now. Im afraid Im having a delayed reaction and will v all night. I dont know if I have IBS or not. And even tho I have had mornings kinda like this, it seemed like it was a lot of stool. But it did scare me. It wasnt like I had to dash into the bathroom, I made myself go each time. Im hoping sv's dont cause late reactions. Kim

It's 2:35pm the next day, I've had a horrible night, I went to bed at about 1 or 2am last night, I kept having to get up because of the d*.

Anyway, I'm sadly, still feeling pasty and rotten. The burp is really strong now and it's so bad I almost puke from the taste.[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

The runs are still bad, I've been feeling awfully dehydrated, regardless of the fact that I'm drinking gallons and gallons of water. I dunno, what do you guys think this is? Some kinda of mild poisoning from the lamb? It was 3 days out of the best before date.

As for what happened in 2003...

http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=7694&am p;KW=Food+poisoning+experiences

jay -- I wish you better luck in the future with food borne illnesses. It seems that you are often getting attacked by these things, or at least your school did recently, correct? Now you and the lamb -- my goodness!

I hope things are getting better for you by now.

I read your story on the other link, WOW! That's humbling, I think your experience was worse than mine! Why do we blow this so out of proportion? I have friends tell me it's probably worse for me because I dread it and fight it and make more out of it...jeez. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Anyway, hope you're feeling better by now!
    Take small account of might, wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds.

oh yeah, i remember reading that post of ur food poisoning, not good.

Hope u start to feel better soon, my thoughts r with u
    kath x

I hope you are feeling much better now.

Can I ask a question though? When you say the meat was "3 days out of the best before date" do you mean, like it went out of date on 9th april and you ate it on 12th april kinda thing? If so why would you want to eat it?

Sorry if thats kinda a rude question!! ButI just dont even touch anything once its after the best before date.

Laney xx

Ah the reason is because my mom thought it would be ok if she really cooked it. Actually, she mentioned the day after that she was feeling a little queasy but no symptoms, my little brother had the runs and I had the same thing.

Still mom isn't too bright on overdated food. She said theres a difference between expiry date and "Best before" which is what was on the packaging. If I would have known I wouldn't have eaten it.

As for me, I've still got this wretched d*, it's sort of calmed down now, and I've lost the burp which is a relief, feeling much better.

I love lambs so much, how can you eat that poor creature? I protect all animals expecially sheep and lambs! I hate people who eat lambs, this is not personal, its generally. I dont allow anyone in my family to eat lamb.

I hope you will feel better soon , and wish you all the best. Take some vitamines, eat some light food- crackers always help me.

And please dont eat lamb.... i love lambs sooooo much[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]look at my avatar

Aww ok, I'm off meat. I may as well become vegetarian (I said I would go off meat like a few weeks ago but didnt [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]). But after this, I am DEFINATELY off all types of meat, I miss the taste and smell of a really nice steak but I'm not eating it, too much paranoia, and somewhere on this site I read that vegetarians are usually more healthy, having less bacteria in the system.

Anyway, the burp is gone, my little brother and I still have d*, we're at dads house now, which usually wouldn't be good seeing as mom is a nurse and at dads we only eat junk food.

Still, I've mainly lay down and drunk heaps of water, and taken s_snow'sadvice, eating light food such as light crackers.I have this dry and pasty feeling on my skin that won't go away, this is what's making me feel a little dehydrated. I managed to have a shower but I'm still feeling kinda weak so moving around is difficult. Still, having Aspbergers, having this doesn't really bother me, matter of fact I've laughed a bit, as long as I don't v*, then I generally don't care what illness* I get.

*Excluding Anthrax and all the other nasty life-threatening illness's.

Well, it's 2:26am, can't sleep, feel sick still, that fatigue feeling + nausea but I haven't v*. Still got d* but I'll be right. Thanks guys for the support.

Im sorry because of that I have written, but it was impulsive.

I wish you will be better soon.

Hey Jay, sorry to hear you've been feeling off! At least it sounds like it's on the way out, now, so just keep up your water intake and the light meals. Something like this can really knock you off your feet, so just take your time...it might evenbe a week before you feel 100% again.

Take it easy! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

James,
    poor guy [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].... u realy do have bad experiences with food ..... hmm i read your other story and at the bottom when you said SIGNS YOU ARE GOING TO TOSS YOUR COOKIES
    kinda scared me because i usually get the watering mouth feeling and i usually feel like i need to burp but cant.... whats wrong with me?
    ill email you later
    Abbey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.