Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ugh I hate this

I'm currently having another one of my fear of v* episodes where i keep getting the feeling that its going to happen. I feel like I'm holding on for dear life right now, its so frustrating. I have work later on today and the only things that run through my mind are, "oh my god, this is it" or "god i can't be sick for work". I keep trying to reassure myself that this has happened many times before and you've survived every other time that it was a false feeling of v*. I was beginning to feel that my episodes were getting farther apart but now this one happens relatively close to my last one, so I'm getting worried. My method to fighting the feeling is to walk around my housewhile periodicallyholding my breath. It seems to work but its very unpleasant, you don't know what's going to happen. This site has really helped me a lot since I've found it, but I'm really considering professional help now, any ideas?

Link

Talk to your doctor about this, ask him to recommend a therapist who is in the field of phobia & anxiety. Print off information that sage has put down, give it to your doctor. Most doctors haven't heard of this phobia;
    more info to give to your doctor, he should be able to find a therapist for you.