Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Worried. . . .

Here it is almost Easter & I am worried again!! I tried to stay calm and not post my anxiety here, but I HAVE TO now! Tuesday I was on my way to work when Logan's school called to tell me to pick her up because she had a stomach ache (what else is new?) and a fever of 100.5. I go pick her up in the nurses' office, where she was sitting on the little bed looking at books, I dropped her off at home and then headed back out to work--and I forgot to have her wash her hands!!!!! She was in the germy school nurse's office touching everything and one other kid had gone home sick before her, I don't know if he was v'ing or not, but what else do you go home from school that early in the morning for?? Greg didn't have her wash her hands until she had already started eating her lunch!! I am so terrified she got sv germs in the office and is going to start v'ing today!!

Hi Donna -

Think about this rationally. Your daughter was in the nurse's office that early in the morning without v*, the other child very likely was too. I really think sv* season is calming down. Even the posts on here are slowing down. I'm sure she will be ok.

Donna I think she will be fine. Change your thinking to positive thinking. What are you doing for Easter? Family dinner? Easter egg hunt?
    Like marby posted sv is slowing down.

Poor you Donna. I hope your little girl is feeling better now. I do not think she will get an sv from being in the nurses office. The other child may have just had something similar to your daughter. Try not to worry, but I know I would probably feel exactly the same. I hope everything goes o.k. and your family has a nice Easter.

Thank you!! I will feel much better about the whole thing tomorrow--that will be 3 days. My kids just seem to always be sick on holidays and birthdays~so that's part of where my anxiety is coming from, I don't want anything to ruin our Easter! We're going to have so much fun and the weather is supposed to be totally awesome!