Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here.

I wondered if anyone has ever tried this...

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/e....asp?SDID=446: 1526

It's really expensive, but "claims" to cure you without exposure therapy. I am sure it's just a scam, but curious to know if anyone has ever looked into it.
    Maria

SCAM - a 24 hour program claiming to cure you? Would you like some magic beans with that?

I'm not trying to be negative- but your instincts are likely right. It's definitely one of those 'too good to be true' situations....

Welcome to the boards citysides! Have you checked the treatment forum? You may find some other ideas of programs that are more likely to help you with this phobia.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh how I wish it was that easy...I agree with Amber 100% on this one. The cure lies in time and effort put into getting better with a good therapist and support by your side. Sage has recovered, go to the treatments thread and read her links...they don't say anything about being cured overnight (wish that was true!!lol) but it was through exposure therapy, time, and a look of work.

Thanks guys...I didn't think so! But had to ask anyway.

I have checked out the treatments section...very useful! Thanks again.
    Maria

I'm sure it's a scam too. One that is definitely a scam is by Patricia Ciezadlo, www.DefeatEmetophobia.com. This only treats people who are afraid of vomiting in public. But as true emetophobes, I think it is safe to say we are afraid of vomiting anywhere anytime.

Yes, these are absolute scams. You can plug into Google ANY phobia, and that website will come up - as though it's written specifically for that phobia. They also claim to treat you until you're better or your money back. But they never give anyone their money back - they just claim you didn't do your homework (which is always something impossible in the end).

The main thing to remember when assessing treatments is that phobias are not genetic. No gene has ever been found that is a "phobia" gene. This means that although there are multiple factors contributing to an onset of a phobia, they are ALL formed, somehow in relationship. That means they can only be cured, ultimately, in relationship. Milder phobias can be treated quite well with the person working on gradual exposure by himself, but the underlying anxiety doesn't generally go away - it resurfaces somewhere else. But severe phobias cannot be treated with a book or a set of videos or by talking to someone on the phone. And they REALLY can't be treated in 24 hours or even 10 sessions....they took far too long to form to be "fixed" quickly.

Sorry, I'm ranting about this. I hate those guys....!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.