Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello-

On Monday, I will be seeing a woman who uses tapping and energy work to treat phobias. My therapist has recommended her...as I have nothing to lose from it.

He says it is totally non-invasive and people claim to be treated within a few sessions. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

I am remaining cautiously optimistic!

The website is www.joankaylor.com

*Amy*

actually i JUST heard of that .. though im not sure its the same thing i read about.. i havent clicked your link yet..

what i read.. you do taps on certain energy parts located on your body..for intance.. wrist.. or near the heart area...

and while tapping you repeat really positive phrases...

its very interesting..
    havent tried it though..
    would love to hear how it works for you...

That looks really cool. I would also be optimistic.

\"This too shall pass\"

Some people are able to tap into energies, and others are not. I am a licensed massage therapist, and in school they said to be successful, we must use energy. Most of the class claimed to be able to do this, but my closest friends in school, including me, did not. But I do believe in it.

anything is worth a go !! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

This was part of my therapy treatment as well. It was quite amazing in what it could do - I have some cool stories of how helpful it was. However, as for the phobia, it did absolutley nothing to help. But perhaps that's too strong....because in helping some of my other issues (such as anger, and even 1 week of such all-encompassing anxiety that I lost memory) it helped overall my treatment.

Everyone's different, so absolutely stay optimistic. Just don't "beat yourself up" if it doesn't work - it's not YOU, it's the treatment that's the problem!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, I went to the session yesterday. It was really strange, but not scary at all.

I am not sure if the phobia is cured. I feel much more relaxed and like I can deal with situations better. But, I don't want to speak to soon and claim that it is gone!

However, I believe in mind over matter and self-fufilling prophecies. Maybe if through all of this tapping and strange breathing stuff, my mind might be tricked into thinking I have been cured. If I can get my brain to work with me and not against me...that's a heck of a lot better than I have been doing!

If you are interested in hearing more specifics on it, let me know. I would be happy to share.

At this point, I would recommend it. I didn't lose anything and may have gained my life back!

*Amy*

I just bought a book on EFT (tapping). Does it seem to be working for you?

I had a few EFT sessions earlier this year to help with EMET and my phobia of sv*s. To be honest, I don't think its really changed much for me, but it has made me think a lot more about why I have this phobia and the therapist was very open and understanding, which is always helpful. I think anything is worth a try and I know EFT has helped other people overcome their phobias. Mx