Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: IBS and emet

hi,

i dont know if it just me or has anyone else noticed that IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and emet are very closely linked into one another. i know that i have read some posts meantioning IBSbefore.

i have got IBS, and it effects me really badly. i cant eat alot of things, so that is really hard, and have very bad bowels. i also get really bad heart burn, which is getting better, since i have changed my diet, and have had a change of medicines. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Hey,

yes alot of us do have IBS, due to the sometimes abnormal eating habits for me..

as the body needs fiber and regular eating for regular movements and due to upsetting most of our eating habbits and usually our sleeping pattern as well if we are feeling anxious or paranoid it sets it off as well..

Just something that seems to be closely linked with emet due to what alot of us do to our systems,not that it cant be sovled,its something that once we retract our body and mind set we shall hopefully begin to controll over time.

Sorry to hear you also suffer from it hun, it is nasty x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My IBS and emet definitely have formed a partnership to make me crazy. You are not alone.

My emet and IBS both developed at the same time, about 20 years ago.

OMG do they ever go hand in hand...I have had both for well over 20 yrs also. They work together and against each other....it doesn't really matter for me what i eat...it all does the same thing at diff. times.

Honeybee..have you ever heard of Digestive Advantage? Go to rofay.com and check it out....that's what i take for ibs....it helps alot for me. It's cheap too. It takes about a week or 2 to get into your system..but it's worth a try anyway. It's only 9.99 for 30 too.

Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Anxiety is definitely a factor in the development and symptoms of IBS. Even gastro-enterologists are recognizing this and publishing about it. In fact, some have even labelled IBS as "an anxiety disorder". The other factor could be that when you're anxious your body shuts down digestion...which would def. mess up your bowels both at that moment and over time.

So....work on the phobia and the IBS should get better!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

hi,

i take a simmilar thing called acidophillis. thats really good it restores all of the good bacteria into the stomach once it has been wiped from a bad espisode.

i think if i aviod things that make my stomach bad, i mean like diet wise

I definately agree with link between IBS and emet. I know that when my anxiety is really high (maybe when there is a stomach virus going around) my IBS is a lot worse. I have literally had d* for days on end worrying myself sick that I was getting a sv*. Sometimes the IBS comes out of nowhere though it seems too, but it is definately worse when my anxiety/stress level is highest.

thats just the nature of the beast through, especially with IBS. mine is especially bad around exam time (which is coming up ahhh!!!!!!!!)

i have had so many investigations to make sure it is IBS i have, it is really horrible. i had an a camera look up and down. not nice!

Hi i totalya gree. I also have IBS and it links very much to emet. When my IBS starts i get alot of pain and i think "oh my gosh the pain has started does that mean im got to v*" but it doesnt mean it at all. I have heard the more u worry about it, the more it will get worse. and thats the problem with me, i worry to much
    A.fretwell

i worry alot too! i just know my problems will be sky high, because i have my exams coming up, just looking forward to those long summer holidays! thats when IBS and emet will be low. if one rises then the other seems to follow. lol too linked!

Quote Originally Posted by horselover
    Hi i totalya gree. I also have IBS and it links very much to emet. When my IBS starts i get alot of pain and i think "oh my gosh the pain has started does that mean im got to v*" but it doesnt mean it at all. I have heard the more u worry about it, the more it will get worse. and thats the problem with me, i worry to much
    My IBS has been terrible for the past 3 weeks. I am bloated, gassy, alomst d* most of the time. The worst. Of course, I am also terrified that I will v* too, so I haven't been getting much sleep.

it sounds stress related!! if you do something to relax yourself the IBS will get alot better. try going for a walk, that will burn off some of the anxiety that is building up inside you.

people with IBS dont have much of a chance of v* unless you have really server heartburn, even then i havnt v* so i dont think you have anything to worry about there.

I've got IBS and emet as well and have had them both for as long as I can remember.