Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was sitting there watching tv quite the thing, not paying much attention to anything else and then suddenly Ive started to have an emet attack.

My anxiety is high,Im shaking im tired I feel weird. Dont know what the hell has happined..

Does anyone else suffer from this?

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, it just creeps up on you out of the blue..i do this all the time. I can't figure out where it comes from though. I will be just doing whatever, and in pops these visions of me getting sick, or thinking i will be sick, or even feeling really sick...pisses me off too.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I do that all the time.....happened today in fact...I HATE IT!
    ~Mandi~

Seems like we are all asmad as each other!

Same thing happens to me too. I will be doing anything, even driving and I get a vision of my son befing s* and that is it. Shakes and sweats. Pounding heart - the whole kit and kabudal !!!

NICE TO KNOW WE ARE NOT ALONE !

XXXXX
    There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday

Yup - I'm kinda in the middle of one right now. My anxiety is very high and all I keep on wanting to do is V*, but I know it is stress. I don't exactly know what has triggered it either.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

yes...

Count me in!

I remember those.

I think they might get especially worse if the stress is up in your house, or your life, or your family...for whatever reason.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I get them too. Especially at night. I guess I feel more "alone" at night. My son fell asleep early last night, and I just sat up shaking and freaking b/c I thought for sure he was gonna do "it". Then, around 3am, he woke up crying, and I thought "yup, here we go". Luckily, nothing happened. He doesn't even remember waking up. I was going to come on here, but I was almost paralyzed by the fear. It surprises me how some of you can come on during an attack. I can't do it, I am numb and paralyzed.

Sometimes they will occur outta nowhere, and if I'm at home (which is obviously a safe place for me) I will clean. It takes my mind off things. Most of the time it works, if not it's ativan (lorazepam) for me!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

o wow, I came here to this board just to ask this question! I had one last night... I hadn't had anything like it in months, just last night right after dinner (but I ate dinner at like 11:30 at night lol..) I felt so sick. I didn't feel n*, I felt more the way I do when I get stressed, and yet for some reason I felt like I would v*. I couldn't sleep very much at all during the night... it was incredibly weird because those very rarely happen to me, and when they do it is usually when I am under a ton of stress, but last night I really wasn't...

Oh my ga,I cant believe so many of us feel like this. I thought it was just me!!!

I can be sitting calmly at work doing my job, with no pressure, no sick people around me and then BAM!!! it justs gets me. I could understand if I was under some sort of pressure at the time but NOPE, it just hits me!!!

It also hits me at other times, like on a (rare) night out,shopping in big complex etc but I understand why on thos occasions.

Laney

That happens to me quite a bit. Like I'll be sitting somewhere and eating and all of a sudden I picture myself getting sick or something and I can't eat any more. Actually that happened to me the other day when I was eating dinner. I couldn't finish it so I threw it away.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yes, in fact I am having one right now. I feel fine save for a slight headahce from being out in the sun all day, but I am panicking.

I usually give myself a time limit. For instance, I have been freaked out since 2:10am my time. My time limit is 1 hour. If by 3:10am I feel no worse or better, I am forcing myelf to go to bed.

Sometimes you just have to get tough with your emet.