Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm really scared lately thinking about several symptoms that I am and have been dealing with for quite some time. I know that some of them right now have to do with me being 36 weeks pregnant right now, but most of these symptoms I had way before I was pregnant and I'm scared I have some type of heart disease. Does anyone else out there have these symptoms and do you think it's just anxiety rather than heart problems. I'm scared. These are my symptoms which aren't necessarely present at the same time as each other:

- heart palps

- anxiety

-n*

- fatigue/weakness

- lightheadedness

- chest pressure/discomfort

- shortness of breath just while talking

These symptoms don't happen all the time but it scares me because of how they do reoccur! Anyone have any input on this? I'm scared!

Are you on any medication? Do you smoke? I gte palpitations as well...an dshortness of breath and chest pains and heart disease runs in my family ( i am only 23 though ) it is something you SHOUld definitly get checked out...it could be stress or a number of other things yes but also to be safe get it checke dout...does heart disease run in your family? Do you eat not well? ( that is bein gproven to have not alot to do with it, especially if it runs in the family ) keep us posted. try and stay calm about it too

It all sounds pregnancy-related to me. The shortness of breath and chest pressure in particular - you've got an almost full-term baby pressing on your diaphragm and compressing your lungs. Your stomach is getting squashed too, which probably explains the n*. Being pregnant makes you more anxious about everything, I think!

Speak to your doctor to put your mind completely at ease. Rest as much as you can, and try to eat properly to keep your strength up. Hope you feel better soon- let us know how you get on!

I was diagnosed with anxiety a long time ago and I have a pretty stressful job which could all be part of it. I know that all of these symptoms come with pregnancy, but like I said, I had these symptoms way before I even got pregnant and now they just seem worse. I did smoke, but quit as soon as I got pregnant and haven't had one for almost 9 months now!!! I'm only 28 years old, have only 1 person in family with a history of heart disease, and I am a very tall person. I guess I'm a little overweight, but nothing drastic and certainly not obese. I had to wear a heart monitor about 9 years ago for 48 hours because of palps and irregular beat and I had an EKG back then and they found nothing. My cholesterol was good last time they checked and my blood pressure (aside from last week due to pregnancy and has been ok since) has always been perfect. Icalled my PCP after my car accident back in Feb. because of heart palps and since it was on a Sat. night she had me go to the ER and they did an EKG which was also normal - but I'm still scared! Every single one of these symptoms are on the heart disease symptoms list . . . .

After the baby is born- head back again and get a complete physical. Tell your doctor that you are worried about heart disease, and get him/her to run every test relating to it.

Either way, you win in this situation. If you are fine, you no longer have anything to worry about. If they DO find something, it is probably in the early stages and you can take precautions in order to prevent the problem from escalating.

I hope your health is fine...and that your symptoms are just stress related. Be careful though, you don't want to be in a prolonged stressful situation, because that can physically affect you. Is there a way to work in an area that has less stress?

You must be anxious for the baby to get here....you're pretty close!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.