Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is the say something nice about someone thread.

This is one of the nicest and supportive sites I visit. I think we need to be reminded of that sometimes.

There are so many of you here that I admire, it may take me a few posts to say all I want to.

This is a happy thread, please lets keep it that way!!!!

I will start.

ontariogirl-you were the first person to PM me on this site when I was having a crisis, you made me feel welcomed here. I will never forget your care and concern.

kate1966-Thank you for being here for me when I need to talk (about emet and other things) I am so glad that we are friends.

rileyl-thank you for always taking the time to PM with your care and concern when my children are sick. I admire you and all the single parents here for taking such wonderful care of your children like you do. You are a strong woman, dont ever forget that!!!!

stella9-I know I can always count on your sound advice. I think we see eye to eye on lots of issues. Thank you for always being here for me.

I know I have more people to mention, but I am going out for dinner. I hope that when I come back, I find a thread with lots of nice happy replies!!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Both Kate and Ontariogirl have been extra nice to me. Although I don't get to visit the site much, they always PM me to see how I'm doing!

Jess

what a nice idea!

japa - her posts always seem to make sence out of a complicated situation.

Shiva- always enjoyed reading what you have to say, because your so positive about it!

crimmgodess - never scared to tell it like it is, I love the fact that she often tries to give a non emet perspective about things.

donna - you always amaze me. You have emet, but your very brave and an awesome mother - I hope one day I can be as good as you are at it.

harmoneygirl - your such a fun teacher, and what you say is always interesting.

To everyone: I remember reading once that people with a high IQ are more suseptable (sp?) to an imbalence in the brain.. did you know albert einstein may have had OCD? I think we are all a smart, intelligent crowd, and that the IQ theory certainly holds with all of us!

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

All the moms and dads who have taken care of their sick children through this sv season are INCREDIBLY brave and I look up to you!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nice thread.
    Thank you Leigh and Jess.

jennyleigh1975- you have been there for me when my life seemed out of control. You are a friend who I can trust and I know will be there when I need you. You gave me your number for me to call when Grandma died and I will always be grateful. Thank you. I will be calling you....

Donna- you show your concern when some one on here is having a bad day, you have a heart of gold. Your PM's are so helpful.

Kate- you have made me laugh when I needed it the most. I am glad that we can email one another and you have been a great friend.

sparky- Helen hasn't been on very much, I want to say thanks because she has been wonderful to me. After speaking on the phone we finally met and to me our friendship will last a long time.

Jess- you are great, you have helped me with medical questions that I couldn't get answers to. You have been through a lot and I want to say thanks for all your help.

madisonsmom- you have been great, although we haven't chatted much on msn I know that you are there for me, as I am for you. Thanks for helping me out.

there aremore and you all are great,harmonygir l,Mel, Shiva, Stella, crimgoddess, japa, purpleteacher, gubba,hippychick the list goes on. I want you all to know that your friendship means so much to me and I am glad that we have met through this forum.Edited by: ontariogirl

Stella always has great advice to give.

PrincessMel - always tries to give advice about trying not to worry and just enjoy life....I know that's something I need to work on.

Curlywurly....your bravery is amazing.

Sage....is my inspiration, and the role model I look to in beating this phobia.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Okay!

violet - you have been so so supportive to me when i've been in huge panics. You speak the truth, but you always do it in a supportive way. Thanks!!

harmonygirl - you are my constant IM buddy. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]So helpful! And you're so willing to just stay on the line while i rant to you.

purpleteacher - you're also willing to just listen to me. Thanks!!

crimgoddess - You can always put things in perspecitve, and are so willing to help.

To everyone - everyone here is so helpful and great, so willing to stay and just listen. thank you guys!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Violet- I have never written you an dyou haven't written back...you have been very nice to me...

harmony girl - Always checking up

crimgoddess- always knwo th eright thing to say to posts...

Madisonsmom, you were one of the first people on the board to make me feel welcome and you are always supportive of others.

Jennyleigh, you are always positive and willing to offer kind words when everything seems it is going out of control.

Japa, you are pure strength and positivity wrapped up in a person. I wish I could be half the person you are.

Hippychick, you do a very good job at being diplomatic and are always there for others

Californiagirl, you have been there for me since you first happened across this board and I am forever grateful for your support.

Sillygirl and Madisonsmom. How cool that the both of you have shared your experiences with your current pregnancies with us all. You are both sweet and caring people.

Princessmel, You let yourself be vulnerable here. You shared very intimate details about your life with us, like you trusted us like sisters or family. That is pure and for the trust you give us, you must also be a very loyal friend.

Babydoll. Yes, you have always supported me here. You and I have often seen eye to eye on kicking the s*** out of emet!

Ontariogirl. You are a very non judgmental person. You have a very strong presence here. You have the right balance between seeing things rationally and offering compassion at the same time.

Donna is freaking amazing and that’s all there is to it.

Pookey, look what she went through and she is back and offering support. Amazing.

Stella, you are another rock here. You always seem to know how to put things to make life feel like it will be okay.

Crim, You definitely do call it like you see it. You challenge people here and you have no apologies for who you are.

There are so many others who have been supportive of me here during my times of crisis. I love this board and all of the people here. I think it’s great that there are so many different personalities here. I think it’s more beneficial for progress when there are other people to offer new perspectives. I wouldn’t change a thing about any of you… Well, maybe I would get rid of emet for us all if I could. One day we will be there. I am confident of this.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Neha- I know you don't post a lot anymore, but we've gotten to be good friends, and your posts were great to read.

Jenneh- I miss your posts too, you were and are very kind and I enjoy reading your posts too.

Sillygirl- I like reading your posts on how your doing, and keeping updated on how your feeling being pregnant. You are amazing (as are the other pregnant mother-to-be's are), going for your dreams despite this phobia.

Crimgoddess- I like readingyour posts too, very well thought out, and you're not afraid to call it like it is. Lol evil Oprah!

John! For keeping this site going, it is such a blessing to have this site, thank you!!

Of course everyone on here is just great, and its so nice to have this place. I come here anytime day or middle of the night in freak-out mode, and just reading the posts helps me almost every time.

THAT REMINDS ME!

GALADRIEL! You are always there for anyone when they need someone to talk to about anything. I remember a time in particular when you made me feel much better about life in general. You are always positive.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Wow, who to thank...I'm half asleep right now, so it's tough thinking of individuals, plus I'm a bit shy around here so don't know anyone very well! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

But I would like to add a special thankyou to princessmel...you helped me out so much when I was having one of the worst days of my life, even if you didn't know it, so thankyou! You have a lovely way of calming people down, and helping them realise everything is ok. I owe ya one!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Thank you SHIVA~~~I'm always here for you, and you have been by side alot and are so very understanding!!!!!!!!!

TINK~~~For offering me such a friendly hand.

JENNYLEIGH~~~, you are funny, your posts make me laugh sometimes, with your expressions. You also have a great smile and give wonderful advice.

HIPPYCHICK~~~you stay neutral even though it's hard, and I thank you for that.

PRINCESSMEL~~~You and I see eye to eye on alot and have similar marriage problems, we understand each other.

POOKEY~~~You had a few rough times, and stayed clear of the boards, then had the strength to face it again. You are an amazing mother, you need to know that.

LUCINDA~~~I haven't seen you much on the forum, but your PM's mean alot to me, thank you for your support hun!

VIOLET~~~You are just a sweetheart!!!!!!!

RAYVIN400~~~For sharing my love of Chanel[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I know I'm forgettimg names here,but you're not left out by any means---you know who you are!!!! Thank you for all to cared to reply to my posts when I really needed you!!!!!!!!!

Also, to themoms-2-B ~~~~~ thank you for sharing ypur pregnancies, stories, ultrasound pics with us, and may your pregnancies beas beautiful as you are.

To all the PARENTS, who find the strength tocare for theis sick kids when the need arises. You arepowerful, loving, and towers of strength!!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I don't post much, but I'd have to say the person who's touched me the most on this board with everything she has gone through lately would have to be CurlyWurly. She just comes across as one of those beautiful people who doesn't know how great she is!!

I really just have to say that everyone here is so wonderful. I used to post on a pregnancy forum as well (big emphasis on USED TO) and just never felt the same feelings of understanding and caring that this forum has. I always know that when I have a question or concern people here will be supportive whether or not they experience the same problem themselves. I am learning how unique that is - both in real life and on online communities. I can't name anyone specifically at the moment, because I feel that everyone here has helped me in different ways. If it wasn't for this site, I don't think I would have had the courage to get pregnant and live life the way I want to, not letting emet stand in my way!

Ok- here goes, my list be long, but there are so many people here who I want to single out for being, for lack of a better word, hella-cool [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

So, let's start the lurve fest!~

Babydoll- For always engaging me in interesting conversation...and being such a smart, rational person. You're the bees knees babe!

Suze- Just.....AWESOME! It's great to be able to biatch and moan to someone and have them completely understand where you are coming from.

MJewell- Even though we don't always agree, there are never any hard feelings. That, and I completely respect the fact that you love animals so much!

Galadriel- Hehehe- glad that someone else knows that Oprah ain't all that! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]You aren't afraid to ask questions or for feedback, even about subject matters that may be embarrassing to some. Good for you for being so open!

Japa- You kind of remind me of that quiet kid who didn't talk a lot in class, but when they spoke everyone stopped and listened. I love the fact that you take a step back, evaluate the situation, and then post your honest, well thought out opinion. And that you aren't afraid of being blunt if that's the way you feel.

Shiva- Even though we don't always agree (hell, if we all agreed the world would be dreadfully boring and I would throw myself off the nearest cliff), I dig the fact that you have a sense of humour and aren't afraid to laugh at yourself or this phobia. You also allow yourself to ask for help, which not everyone is capable of doing.

Lizzo- For being my online little sistah! You are wise beyond your years, and I can always count on you when I need to get something off my chest.

Spilled Milk- You don't let this phobia get in the way of things that you want to do- such as your recent trip to spain. You are such a good role model for other emet teens, as you are living proof that you don't need to let this get in the way of living your life.

Soccer Princess- Even though you are so young, you are very articulate and mature. You also have definite goals for the future, and it's obvious that you work very hard and will eventually achieve them.

Hippychick- Keeping this forum under control is NOT an easy task- you are so diplomatic, and really try your best to make sure that everyone's needs are met. You are a goddess amongst moderators!

Carolee- It's great that you ask a lot of questions, and really want to look into beating this. You admit that this is taking up too much space in your life, and are motivated to change it, which is FABULOUS!

Ontariogirl- For being so open about your experiences, and just being such a kind person in general. The world needs more people like you.

Mommyof3- It's obvious that you not only love your own kids, but all kids in general. It's great how you put this phobia aside when your nieces were over at your place recently, and that you are so understanding about family issues (even though they can be a big pain in the butt sometimes!)

Donna- Even though you have the world's pukiest kids (lol), you still manage to care for them. You always manage to rise to the occasion, even though it may really scare you on the inside.

Harmonygirl- Who else would I have random MSN conversations with midday? You always make me laugh, and it's great to have someone to talk to about the randomness that IS life.

Purpleteacher- You show people that you can do what you want to do in life, regardless of thisphobia. Good on you- and I know I always look forward to reading your posts- even if they worry me sometimes.

Happyteacher-You shared with us your frustrations andfirst not being able to get pregnant, and then your joy at finding out you have a bun in le oven. Congrats- you are goingto make a fabulous mom!

Blondie90- No particular reason....I just think you are fun, lol. That, and I can sympathize about the whole finding where you s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh Geez. It's late, and I need to go to bed, but I have to reply to this post. If I forget anyone, I will post more tomorrow.lol As you guys know, I've been having a terrible time lately, but things are getting better. Anyway, I want to give a special thank you to:

Californiagirl: Thank you so much for being here for me when I needed someone last weekend. Your phone call meant a lot to me and I love your PM's. You make me laugh.

AAR13: Alissa - Thank you so much for your support and advise. You are a really sweet girl. I love your PM's too. I think you are really funny, and I don't know if you even realize it.lol

Carolee: Thank you so much for caring about me and your advise also.

Kate1966: Thank you too. Your PM's meant a lot. You are very sweet.

Ontariogirl: Thank you so much for caring when I needed someone to talk to too.

Violet: All I have to say is that you are so very sweet.

Shiva: Thank you too. You are so sweet. You give really good advice.

Now. I know I'm missing people, and I'm sorry, but I'll have to get on here again tomorrow.lol Forgive me. Anyway, I think everyone on this site is great and so very helpful. I've made a lot of friends in a very short period oftime, and I am so very grateful for that.

xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I'm feelin the warm fuzzies! You people are like family to me !

Curly wurly has been through a lot lately, but she still manages to offer support to others. Curly, you're a star. Also, you have one of the best user names!

I lkie you all!!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

thanks for everything

Suze, Hun you have spoken to me on my worst nights and helped me out through alot of what has been going on in my life, thank you so much for your help and suppor,it means so much to me to know that you are around,Im very glad to see you back *hugs*you are a fantastic mother and always will be!

Cruly Wurly,Sally hun,you are thee sweetest person ever,you make me laugh and keep my spirits high when I need it,I know your a realy great mother and one who no matter what this emet does still manages to get through it and I really admire you for that hun.

Carolee, You are a really funny gal,make me laugh when you see me freaking out and give me info that I need when Im having a really silly pannic,thank you so much for being there for me hun..

Laney, You have to be thee best letter writter ever,its like reading a mini book lol,I laughed smiled and nearly cried,fantastic hun,I really do connect with what you say in your posts and have written to me you are an absolutly lovely woman and have really brightened up my nastiest days sometimes,Thank you so much!!

Spilled_Milk, Anya, such a beautiful name hun,you are a real sweetheart and managed to give me so much hope sometimes that really does help,Thank you so much for everything.

HippyChick,Thank you so much for you support you really do know what to say and how to give people support,in times of need you really do bring me back up, thank you x

To all, everyone on here,the new the old the people like me who are just pretty new here,everyone thank you so much for your replys your times that you have given me something to smile about and something to give hope about,you are all absolutly amazing!!!

All my heros xxxx

I can't believe I forgot about Harmonygirl</span>. Harmonygirl</span>, you totally rock! You are a sweetheart.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Good post Leigh.... Edited by: ontariogirl

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Wow...what a great post Leigh!!!!!!!!!

Leigh....i think when i met you i was amazed by your kindness...concern...and just wonderful friendship. Thanks for allour talks and our fun times chatting about everything and anything. I think we have so much in common and really cherish that. You are funny, caring, honest, and a wonderful mom.

Ontariogirl....i am so glad i met you!!!! You keep me laughing too. You have an amazing way of staying in touch and making me feel better. I enjoy talking to you and just being there for you....thanks!!!!

Jessica........you are so sweet and caring....i really think alot of you and your advice. I am very glad we met and hope we will continue to be friends One of these days, we're going to meet up somewhere

Rileyl...........we don't get a chance to talk that much anymore...but i do appreciate the times we have. You are a sweet girl, and are very compassionate.....

Mel.... Well, what can i say...we really just met, but i like you alot. I hope that we will remain friends...and that your world brightens real soon

And there are many more on here that i do appreciate and trust and admire. I really think this site is the best thing that has happened in a long time. I just am thankful i found it and my friends on here...don't know what i would do without you all. I hope we can continue to help and support each other through our emet. If I have forgotten anyone is my list...i am truely sorry...i think i have talked to pretty much everyone on here at some point...and we are all one big family i think...........

Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Such a good idea, Leigh! I had a chance to visit some other posts when there was talk of shutting this one down. There is absolutely no comparison - the quality people and support I get here is like no where else. Although I don't post often, I visit the site daily and am constantly moved by the compassion and strength shown by all the members. I have tremendous respect for all of you,but especially all the other emet moms. With special props to my buddies

Jennyleigh1975 and Kate1966 -You guys are so intelligent andcompassionate - wonderful people and moms!Thanks for always being there to talk to me and supporting me through good times and bad.

i'd hate to single anyone out and forget somebody, so i will come up with a nice long list when i don't have a crappy lab practical to study for! just know that i appreciate all of you SO MUCH!!!!!

&lt;3
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I don't want to single out any one in particular, because there are a lot of people on these forums who maybe don't post as often, but I can tell you that every time someone even responds to my posts it makes me feel so good. I love it that complete strangers would take the time to read my problems and respond, even if they have nothing to say but feel better soon, we are here for you. That means a lot!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Altho I joined in Nov 04 (Ithink) it wasnt really until Nov/Dec o5 that I started to get really involved.

I think everyone on the site is fab, I dont know how I managed to get by before,I havent had much individual contact butIm trying to get more involved.

Its like one big happy family and I miss you all when I cant get on here (bit too difficult to post when Im at work and Im generally there from 8.30 - 6.00 pm plus each day) cant wait to get home to catch up, I feel for everyone during the bad times but lets not forget the good times as well when we can laugh..........

Violet, Im glad I makeyou smile, thats just me, bit of a fruitcake, like to make people laugh/have fun (despite the inner turmoil)

Thanx to everyone in the past and hopefully the future.......

Laney xx

thanks to everybody on the site for being so nice. (i hate leaving people out)
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Geez.. crap! Samara, violet, emetojackie.... this list goes on and on and I keep thinking of more and more. I guess I just want to say that there is not one person here who I don't think highly of and consider a friend. I would do anything I could to help anyone here. You are all great and amazing people.
    \"This too shall pass\"