Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ive come to the conclusion that I might have IBS. If I eat any meat other
    then leat, white, skinless chicken, my stomach pretty much just bubbles
    up. The same goes for anything fatty/greasy, overly sweet, or heavy (like
    peanut butter on white bread).

I get most of the discomfort around a line just below my belly button, and
    a build up of pressure right at the very top of my stomach. It makes me
    burp, but half of the time, I can't get the burp out--and when I do, its
    always either acidy or tastes like v. I don't get d* though, and I've never
    gotten sick from it.

Do you think it might be IBS? I talked to my doctor about it once, and she
    just told me that my stomach was making too much acid for the food I
    was eating, so I went on a perscription for a while. It took it a way for a
    bit, but now it's back.

Please, input would be dandy!

It could be a lot of things, predominantly anxiety. Anxiety can cause everything you describe.

But really, I wouldn't recommend that you seek medical advice on the internet. It's not worth much. Keep working with your doctor if you trust her, or seek another medical opinion.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it is a good idea to see your doctor about your concern. it is probally the fact that you could be eating the wrong type of foods, especially with IBS, you have to avoid fatty foods, as they will make more gastric acid, and are harder to digest.

you need to go to the doctor though, he can give you some meds to make you feel better, and he might send you to a dietician.

well I already did go to my doctor, but what she gave me didn't fix it. So I was just wondering if it could be IBS, since I don't know very much about it and I know that a lot of people here have it.

It sounds like you have acid reflux and your doctor should be able to give you something to help control that... especially if the burps are very acidic. From what you described, honestly sounds like really bad heartburn. In terms of IBS, the most "classic" symptoms usually include constipation and or D* in combination with other things. IBS is also a diagnosis that is usually made after they rule out all other causes for your symptoms because there isn't one single test that leads to the diagnosis of IBS.

You really need to see your doctor and have some tests run. If it is an acid problem, there are medications you can take to decrease acid production in the stomach and you can also make dietary changes to help control it too (in some people the dietary changes can fix almost everything). Eating more frequently, eating at the same time everyday, and eating a well-rounded and healthy diet are all things that can be done to help regulate the acid in the stomach too.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

To me it sounds like it could be acid reflux....and maybe a combination of several things...i don't know about ibs if you are not having d or constipated....i have ibs very bad but i have d very bad too. You could also have some tpye of intolerance to red meat. But more than likely if they run tests they won't come up with anything and they will just tell you that you have ibs....i would just stay away from red meat for a while and see what happens...and also you could try taking tums or zantac or something for acid and see if that helps...good luck.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

you could try gaviscon. it really helps me, especially with acid reflux. i take two lanzoprazoles but the reflux still happens, especially after meals, the gavision gives an instant cooling effect.

your doctor is probally reluctant to give you anything, becuase you might become dependant on it. if you can deal with just taking gaviscon, then do that, i would say that it works well. if that doesnt work say you have tried that and it hasnt helped, and what does he suggest.