Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

reading posts on here? I know some of us don't like to eat at all, but sometimes I eat at my computer, and sometimes it's while I'm reading posts about illness.

Weirdness...

Yes, I eat at my computer quite frequently. If I'm occupied while I'm eating, I don't worry about it so much.

I dont generally eat but am usually relaxing with a glass of wine after a long and hard dayat work (today being an exception but I still have a glass of wine!!!).

It doesnt bother me reading about illness and eating at the same time tho!!!

Laney[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I ate while searching for vomiting videos to put on my exposure website - lol. Now I totally get how doctors can eat before/after surgery or working in the ER.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sometimes I eat while I'm at the computer too. I find it comforting and it makes it seem like I'm "not eating alone". Eating alone is freaky for me and usually has *other intentions*, so eating at the computer is actually a good thing for me. I also love to drink my sodas while online too
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Lol I eat while on the site too. O.o Of course, I don't read the graphic posts but yea..
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

lol I think it's funny in a way.

I always do. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by halfoverthefur
    Yes, I eat at my computer quite frequently. If I'm occupied while I'm eating, I don't worry about it so much.
    I pretty much have to be occupied while eating. I really don't like to just focus on food while I eat.

and I eat while on this site. I'm eating right now lol

I eat all the time. Really no matter what, so U R not alone! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Sora: Riku, you\'ve been hanging out in the darkness too long. You gotta try to think positive.
    Kingdom hearts II

I usually read the posts AFTER i've eaten. Sometimes the discussions regarding v* turn my stomach.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Yes, I am always eating....especially at the computer....i need to quit though.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I find it more comforting to eat at the computer while shopping for an item or just surfing the web. I find that I eat more this way. I prefer it this way even though my husband likes for us to eat together but they just eat too fast. I just can't eat alone unless I'm occupied watching some lifetime movie or cartoons or at the comp. YOU are NOT alone. It does feel like you are eating with someone else. I don't think this is a harmful habit. A lot of us eat and drive. We just live in a world where we multitask to get the most done in a day.

Pumpkin
    \"Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.\"
    1 Peter 5:7
    Pumpkin

Its habit for me to eat while at my computer.

I've just been eating some Easter Egg while reading through all the Active Topics. I'm actually feeling really icky - tension in my head and shoulders, and quite n* too, but because i'm so tired of feeling n*, I thought if I ate some chocolate I would know either way if something is going to develop from it. I still don't know cos I don't feel any better or worse - grrr!

If i'm eating meat I like to be able to concentrate and see what i'm doing so that i can see if its cooked properly or not!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I graze constantly, often while I'm on these forums. I can't be on a computer without at least drinking pop.

I always eat at the computer. Today I devoured a gigantic bag of sour dough pretzels while shopping on ebay because my throat hurts and pretzels always seem to help!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I sometimes snack while I'm at the computer. I'm never without a can of pop, though.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

I eat so much constantly!! In fact, I can't watch TV without eating something. Weird, huh? I would eat at the computer, except my dad has this rule about no crumbs in the keyboard. I do drink on the computer though!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

My laptop is a haven for crumbs.....very little makes me lose my appetite [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. I eat while doing my research (which is on a topic that makes many lose their appetite), before/after cleaning the litter box, while in the bath......the only thing that makes me REALLY lose my appetite is if I see someone vomit right in front of me- and even then, once I am out of the situation chances are I'll be eating again, lol.

*amber*

I just finished a bowl of cereal sitting here, actually.