Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: any one else?

I went to my doctors last week and told him about my phobia as it has come to a time when I need to do something about it. He told me to go to the library and get books on it out. I have been and there are no books i can find specifically about emit, just about conquring phobias. I feel i need to see a counsellor as emet is taking over my life. I have noticed that many of you see a therapist. Did you have any trouble getting one? i cant afford to go private. Do they help? and do you think my doc was right?

hi randy,

go to the top of the Treatments thread and click on the article entitled INFO.... (I wrote it) YOu can print it out and read it, and also give it to your therapist. It pretty much summarizes all the info in print about emetophobia. Also there's another article there on HOW TO FIND A PROFESSIONAL,...etc.

Both these should help you a lot.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes for you.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.