Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Quick Question?

Hi All,

My Name is Adel and I just joined this website. I am a new memeber and I am so happy to have found this website. I see everyone is so supportive to eachother and I hope to do the same

I have had this phobia since i was about the age of 8 and now I am 22 years of age and still fear *v.

I have a quick question I have some co-workers at work that sit neat me who have caught the *sv. Now I washed my hands and used alcohol based sanatizers like every hour. I didnt have direct contact with them but i did speak with them and they sit near me.

My question is its been 5 days now and I am still fine, I worry I will catch it? you think I have a high possibility or I should be fine. I cant stop obbsessing over the fact that I have it and every little tummy pain I get I assume its the *sv. Your advice will be greatly appreciated

Thank you all in advance.

~Adel~

hey adel,

where are you in canada? I'm from Canada too - Vancouver area.

I don't think you will have caught anything at work. Relax!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanx for your reply Sage. My mom keeps telling me that too. I'm not like freaking out a lot but I'm somewhat worried. I'm from montreal, Quebec. My cousins live in Vancouver. I still have to go visit hehe. Have you ever been to Montreal?

~Adel~

welcome to the site! I think that if 5 days have passed, you'll be fine^^

Usually you would get symptoms between 24 and 72 hours. I'm sure you'll be fine. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

hey adel,

I haven't been to Montreal for years, but I'm going to be there in September for a meeting. My daughter has been there twice in the last 2 months - auditioning for Les Grande Ballet and La La La!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your support and quick responses your all so great !!! I want to wish everyone a Happpy Easter and hope you all have a GREAT day!!!

Thanks once again its greatly appreciated

P.S. Sage I really hope your duaghter does supper well with her auditioning, I'm sure she will and you should come down sometime its a great city hehe

~Adel~

5 days...i think your safe [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Adel....I'm in Alberta! Another Canadian, eh??? After 5 days, and no direct contact, I would say your good!

Happy Easter!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

HI Cyrstal,

thanx for your support and advice greatly appreciated!!! I have some freinds in Alberta, Well in edmonton. I plan to go see them real soon

thanx again for your response

~Adel~