Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Son had sv

So last weekend my little guy woke up with a fever and complaining of a sore tummy. I was completely freaked out but was convincing myself that it was just another case of tonisllitis as he gets it frequently and it always starts with a sore belly... strangely enough.

Anyway, I took him to the doctor and he v* all over me as I tried to take him to the bathroom. I was beside myself however very proud as I spoke calmly to him and cleaned the mess up without scaring him or freaking myself out too much.

He was sick again that night and the doc had said that it could be tonisillitis, sv, flu virus... a huge list because he basically did not know what it was. I took him back to the docs the next day to just check his tonsils and he said that he had "Slapped Cheek Syndrome" because he had bright red cheeks (he also had a warm jumper on).

I tried to get myself into this thinking but kept coming back to the fact that he had an sv.... so anyway, it has been 8 days since he was sick, no one else in the family has had it and I even went away for a couple of days to a girlfriends house even though there was the chance that I may come down with it.

I'm very proud of myself.

The little guy now goes into hospital on Tuesday to have his tonsils out and that is freaking me out. He is only 2. My eldest son has had 8 operations so you would think that I am used to the whole procedure but this is the baby and I'm really worried for him....[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

He'll do fine. Little kids bounce back so quick. Thank god it wasn't the tummy bug!! That has to make you happy!!!

My son had an eye operation when he was 18 months old, and two dental operations. I know how hard it is, the waiting. But, he will bounce back great, and you'll do fine.

Congrats on being so fab while he was sick! Very well done!

Good luck on Tuesday!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Wow antz- you did really fantastic with him v*ing on you and being so in
    control!

My daughter had her tonsils out 2 yrs. ago when she was 2--it was nerve wracking of course, but not as bad as I thought it would be, and she never v'ed from the surgery, either, which was awesome!! I hope he does okay with it, keep us posted!

You were so brave to have your little one v* on you and say so calm - I don't know what I would have done if that happened to me, but my first thought is that I'd freak out.

I hope that everything goes ok with the surgery and he recovers quickly! Good Luck to you!

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Surgery went well. He was very drowsy afterwards but thankfully did not throw up. He was eating sandwiches and jelly 2 hours after the op then had a great big dinner. Came home today. Nurses were glad to see us go as he had been awake since 2am absolutley running riot. Where the Painstop normally makes kids sleepy I think it has the opposite effect on my little man. He is very grumpy today...lack of sleep and is in quite a bit of pain but hopefully it will improve over the next couple of days.

This was the ninth operation now between my 2 boys so fingers crossed it is the last.

I am glad everything went well. I hope your little boy soon feels much better.

Glad to hear everything went well and I hope he continues to be ok!