Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone. .. Long story, but help!

So on Sunday night, I felt like I had to go to the bathroom, as I'm sitting there, I broke into a cold sweat and stared feeling faint. (Didn't eat anything different or bad on Sunday) This feeling lasted a while and when it finally went away, I got right into bed. Monday I felt horrible. . .fever, diarrhea, headache, etc. All I ate on Monday was a half of a piece of toast because I was just not feeling well enough or okay enough to eat more. Yesterday, still felt the same, but definitely not as bad. Managed to run to the store to get Gatorade, soup and Imodium to stop the diarrhea. Took one Imodium and had some soup. Still didn't feel well, but I just kept sleeping when I could. I ate more toast last night and still felt slightly sick after that. To add to the mix, I got a horrible migraine last night, but couldn't take anything for it since I felt so nauseous. I took some Advil this morning since the headache was still there when I woke up. I ate another piece of toast this morning and then some more soup for lunch. I forced myself to go work for a couple of hours even though my stomach felt like it had bricks in it! My mom convinced me that I should try to eat some pasta for dinner, no tomato sauce on it, but one of those "Pasta Roni" things since it's not acidic or irritating. I felt pretty nauseous after that, but dealt with it and told myself that it was just my stomach digesting it and that it wasn't used to "real" food.

I'm not really nauseous now, but my lower stomach still feels like there's a brick there and the back of my throat feels like it's burning a little. What's going on? Is this stomach virus gone?

Thanks!

SarahEdited by: sarahfl

Hey there!

Ugh Im sorry you had to go thro that! Those can be scary, but you lived through it! They can take a few days to totally go away sometimes, it can take a bit to get your system back to normal. You handled it very well!

What can I eat? Do I try again to eat "real" food? Help!!

Just do what your body tells you to do! I'd keep it really bland and light the next couple days. Try dry toast, crackers, anything that won't make your guts work too hard to digest. Make sure to keep yourself hydrated. Drink applejuice, gatorade, water, tea, anything you can tolerate. Hope you feel better soon!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Well all I was going to say has been said. So I wish you the best and hope that you are feeling better soon. It could have been a lot of different things that made you feel that way. You are doing the right thing though by at least trying to eat and Gatorade is wonderful for rehydrating and addint the electrolytes.
    You can even add some dry cereal or rice if you feel you can handle it just stay away from saucy, spicy and acidic till you feel you can handle it.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.