Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Phenergan

I was perscribed Phenergan for migraine-related n* (and the emit in me rejoiced) about 2 months ago after I had the most horrifying, scary, mind-numbing hour driving to a friends house with a migraine. I still don't know if the n* was simply from the migraine or if my anxiety over the situationgot the better of me and it just fed into the issue. At the same time I was put back on Zoloft for reoccurring anxiety and that has alleviated 90% of the n* related to migraines. That being said, I haven't used a single pill.

I'm just concerned about a few things, and I'd appreciate some answers from those who understand where I'm coming from.

1) Taking new meds, no matter what for, always gives me anxiety because I'm afraid it'll make me n*. And that sounds silly since this medication is to combat n*, but come on - when has this fear ever been rational? Has anyone had the experience of Phenergan making the feeling worse?

2) I have compartmentalized different stomach pains and I'm wondering if I can still take Phenergan if what I'm experiencing isn't n*. Like, if I have cramping or GI pains, will Phenergan do anything? Or possibly even make it worse? Is it just for n* specifically?

3) How well does it work? I understand that different things work at different levels for different people, but I'm just wondering how powerful it is.

Right now I still have 30 pills left - I don't take new meds when I'm not at home because I never know what it will do to me (the last thing I need is to take it at work only to pass out over my keyboard). I want a bit more information before I start using it.

><>Michelle

\"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances...\" Phillippians 4:11

Well, I don't take the phenegan in the pill form..only because I don't put anything in my mouth if I'm the slightest bit n. However, I do have the suppository form in my fridge just in case I need it..*(I may take 2 a year). I think it works great..except the side effect of being extremely tired.

I'm like you, afraid to take new meds due to the possible risk of being nauseous. I have had Phenergan sitting here for about two months and still have not taken it. However, I do believe it would only work for nausea/vomiting and not do anything for cramps, etc.

I bought some pheregan after reading many posts on this site about the fact that its good for combating nausea.

Ihave only taken it twice in the 3months since I bought it and only when I felt really nauseous ad thought I was going to v*. It really helped in that it calmed me down and made me feel vey relaxed (wlthough whether that was "mind over matter" I dont know).

Sorry I cant offer any other advice but thought I would share my experience!!!

Laney xx