Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My son is v****

I know he did not get this sv from school, because he has not been in school since Wednesday, as he has a little break until Tuesday. We were home on Thursday and had company Thrusday night. No one was sick. I got a cold Thursday night and have been miserable since with stuffiness and coughing. The only place my kids went was the movies with my husband on Friday. They ate nothing there.

Yesterday, we went to Hershey Park for the day with some friends. I doused my kids with Purell after every ride and they washed their hands before eating. Today we went to lunch and to the Orioles ballgame. Then we went to Wegman's. While there, my son had to go to the bathroom where he had D**. The he got hiccups and v**** in the car. He said he felt fine and he has no fever. Still, we put him in his bed and removed my daughter to the other part of the house (thank goodness we have three bathrooms and four levels to our home). My son v** again in his bed. My husband is in the bathroom with him now. My son keeps saying "I can't take another minute of this." Bless his little soul. He is only 6 1/2 years old. I called the doctor and am waiting for a call-back. I want phenegran.

By the way - the sv went around terribly from Christmas until about a week ago. Still, I did not keep my guard down. Now this happens.

Stella

Stella, really sorry to hear about your son. Try and remember though that at his age, he is going to pick up the odd sv here and there. I do feel sorry for him, when my daughter was sick a few weeks back, she too kept saying she couldn't take any more, but kids are tough and they recover quickly, I'm sure you know that.

Do everything you can to contain this, and keep your hands and everyone else's cleaned regularly. My kids had it at both at the same time, but I never caught it, so try not to worry - if that's possible,

Try and stay strong, it will be over soon. Hope your son picks up too.

Sometimes the sv* takes 4 days for someone else to catch it. Maybe it was going around the school, and it just took that long for him to get it. I hope he gets better soon. Hard to see them sick. How are you holding up?

Sorry to hear about your son. I really hope he soon feels better and that you are o.k.

Stella,

Poor little guy. How is he feeling now? How are you holding up?

I don't know where to think he got it from and I don't have much advice, but I just wanted to tell you that you are doing a great job and let you know that we are here to listen if you need us. Maybe tomorrow your hubby can take him to the doc and get him an antiemetic, or the doctor will just call one in for you when you hear back. Hang in there.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hi shiva,

I called the pediatrician and got a presciption for Phenergan. He v* food twice and fluid three times all within two hours. Its been two hours since the last episode. What is strange is he has no fever and does not feel bad. He is watching a movie and chatting his life away. I can't figure it out. When he has v*, it caught him absolutely by surprise with nothing leading up to it. We are definatelykeeping an eye on him.

I havedelegated my daughter and me to another room. Myhusband is with my son andIS taking proper washing precautions. He told me I am crazy about them untilthe doctor told him I wasn't.Now he is washing like wild.

I have a horrible cold and cough.

You are right - this too shall pass. I just want to wake up and have it be two weeks from now. This next week will be rocky - the wait, who gets sick next followed by the next wait and so on and so on - blah, blah, blah. We all know the emet song and dance.

Stella

stella, I am sorry your little guy is sick and you are having to go through this. All these different stomach bugs and they way they act, its all so weird. My children have had littlem 24 hour bugs before where they acted like they were fine, but were still v'ing.

My thoughts are with you, keep us posted on how things are going.

i had a really weird sv a couple of years ago. No stomach ache, just all of a sudden i felt n* and i v*. This happened 18 times over the next 6 hours. In between v* episodes i felt fine altho a little tired (probably because i had woken up v*ing at 3 am and had had no sleep). The whole thing stopped as quick as it started. I was ill every 20 minutes like clockwork, and then all of a sudden nothing.

Stella,

Sounds like you have a good doctor and a good hubby as well. You are doing everything perfectly. Does the doctor want to see him tomorrow to check him for strep, or check his ears or something?

It does sound strange that he would be in such spirits with a sv, but stranger things have happened. He sounds like a champ! I will send happy thoughts your family's way and hope that everyone else remains well and he is back to himself by morning.

\"This too shall pass\"

It has been 2 hours since he last vomited sounds like the vomiting is dying down. I hope your little guy feels better in the morning. Sounds like you are handling this really good. I know the next week or so could be rough but keep your spirits up Stella you are doing great

Stella, I am so sorry you are going through this!!! At least he isn't feeling bad, that's a little comfort, it's so much worse when they are just miserable!! That SUCKS, hopefully the meds will work!

Oh Stella, what a bummer. How is your little one doing today now? I know that this damn SV* is still going around in PA as well and I'm scared to death that my daughter will get it or me. You are in MD right? I am 37 weeks pregnant and do not at all need this in my house but I'm so worried. My daughter has been off of school for almost a week but I know several adults who have had it in the past week. Hopefully since Spring is here and April will be over soon - this sv* crap will go away.

I hope you are all doing well. Good Luck to you!

Hi everyone and thanks for your sentiments.

Well aar13 said it is still going around in PA and we were in Hershey Park on Saturday.

He had one loose bowel at Wegmans. He only v** twice and both episodes were within 25 minutes of each other (including the d*). He has another episode that was only fluid. From the first d* to the last v* it was under two hours. He never complained of anything. My husband thinks it was all the junk he had. We eat pretty much on a schedule and eat organic fruits and vegetables. Saturday was atypical with lots of junk as well as the ballgame yesterday. My husband said the v** was nothing but the candy and popcorn he ate. I personally think it was a virus - a strange one at best. Everything was over in two hours. He felt fine, no fever, no change in behavior or attitude - well he has ATTITUDE, but that is all the time. (He's my drama queen).

He slept through thenight and gotup hungry this morning. I insist on liquids only today, despite his protest combined with the drama of starving my child. Tomorrow he will stay home from school and I'll start him on solids.

Even though I gave him Phenergan last night, I think he had already stopped the v*.I gave him the Phenergan to sleep. I did not want him up all night watching movies and playing gameboy. I have a cold and my husbandis coming down with one so neither one ofcould beour son's entertainment director throughout the night.

Now here's the kicker. I am slightly wondering about strep. I think he hadsv. However, strep was rampant at my daughter's school before she left for break. Last week it was going around my son's school. My pediatrician told me last Monday that is is the main thing going around. My son told me this morning that sometimes when he swallows his throat hurts.I told him we would have him checked for strep. He asked if he was getting his throat swabbed, I said he yes. He despises that. Then he said his throat is fine. I am on the fence on this one. His throat could hurt from v** or it could be strep. I don'twant to run him to the doctor for no reason. On the other hand, I don't want a possible strep to rear its ugly headlater. I also know there is a deadly form of strep and that is the one that worries me.

Any ideas?

Stella

Hi Stella!

It honestly doesn't sound like and sv* to me since he was only sick for about 2 hours - most people are down and out for at least 6-8 hours. I think that it may be strep, but you never know. It also could be all of the junk he ate and the excitement of a big weekend at Hershey and then a baseball game. Kids with an sv* usually don't act normal and they are very lathargic until their energy comes back.

I say play it by ear and see what happens after today. Keep us posted!

Well, I think it might be the sv*....just cause hev'd* up popcorn and candy, thats cause that was all that was in his tummy. My kids have been sick for 2 hours only. And fine the next day. And I know it was the tummy flu cause it traveled through everyone in the house. My yongest especially. She was hungry about 4 hours after being sick.

His throat could be soar cause of v*. I would maybe have hubby look in his throat to see if there is any white spots. Keep him on liquid today, maybe some toast tonight.

Keepus posted on how he is feeling.

I think he had sv, even though it was only for a few hours, his throat could be from the vomiting, it can make your throat sore and gross for awhile. Get a flashlight or stand him by the window and look at his throat Stella, if you see that it is red then make an appt. to see the doctor. If he shows any signs like a fever phone the doc.

I am so glad he is better, I guess if they're going to catch sv's 2 hrs is better than 24!!!

I think it sounds like he just ate too much junk. The fact that he is hungry and he slept (Phenegren doesn't always prevent V* with just one dose, as someone I know very well found out... the hard way...). His behavior was pretty normal, despite the D* and V* - and BOTH were short lived. It really sounds like his body just couldn't handle what he ate.

I wouldn't really spazz at this point because your son is acting normal. Your son wouldn't be acting normal if he weren't feeling better. Continue to take precautions, but listen to your son too - or at least take his opinions/ thoughts into consideration. Your son does know a thing to two about his body and how he really feels. This might be an opportunity for you to help your son learn about how his body reacts to illness and might be a way to teach your son the proper ways to take care of himself following an illness (fluids for Xnumber of hours, then BRAT diet, etc...).

Kids will V* and have D* for next to no reason at all and be just fine a few hours later --- I think it just part of being a kid. Just because the process is normal, doesn't mean it is any easier on the parent though!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

stella, I hope that your son is better and that everyone else is doing fine.

Just wanted to let you know you were in my thoughts.

Sorry your son was sick, Stella. I just hate this and wish there was a way to avoid it as a parent...(sigh). Wishing you all well.

My stepdad had a similar experience with a sv last week. He woke up fine, then around lunch he felt really nauseous, had d*, v*, but by bedtime that night he was eating again. He did have a fever though.

Not that I EVER want another sv, but if I have to have one, I'd go with these short wimpy ones, lol.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

Thanks guys for all the support ---

The v** stopped when I first wrote on Sunday. He has not had any d**. Bowels have been completely normal. I insisted on liquid yesterday and he gave me a royal fit.I explained that I did not want to irritate a tummy that may have already been irritated.

Today, he is absolutely fine. Still, I kept him home from school. He is eating normally, but I amdoing small bits at shorter intervals.By tomorrow morning, he will be almost 62 hours from the last v** episode (keep fingers crossed), so I don't think he will be majorly contagious to his school mates. They would have to wipe his butt and not wash their hands to get it - LOL. I have also drilled him aboutnot to touching his mates this week or getting up in their faces, just to be sure.

I still am hacking away. I was miserable on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with my cold. Once he got sick, I sort of went into Mommy and emet overdrive so my cold has been in the background. Today, I feel it as a drippy mess. My husband has a sore throat and is stuffy. Last night, my daughter had a raspy voice and said her throat was sore. She is not complaining today, but we'll see.

I have had the windows open since Sunday, bleached the house top to bottom. Now we are in the wait. My daughter has one more week of spring break (she had two and half weeks). Its like as soon as we get back to normal someone else gets sick.

Just last week I was thinking how we dodged a lot of sickness this year. My kids went to school with all kinds of disease circulating and were able to ward most of it off. Then they are off of school on break, its spring and what happens?

Stella

I am so glad your son is better!! I hope your cold gets better soon as well!!!

Glad to hear he's feeling better!

LOL @ They would have to wipe his butt and not wash their hands to get it. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am glad you son is better now....i know that was not what you needed right now......but now you must take care of yourself I hate colds too, they are so miserable...but much better than sv!!!!! Get some rest if you can, and take care of you now[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Glad to hear that your son is better and I hope that everyone else in the house is ok too!