Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am so proud of myself. I usually NEVER take medicine (for ANYTHING), but I just got fed up with the heartburn and upset stomach tonight --- so I took two Rolaids. My gassiness and heartburn went away

This is a really big accomplishment for me. I don't plan on making this a habit, but I have learned that it is okay to take something when I know I really need it (like I did tonight). I just got tired of dealing with the pain and yes, I was scared the meds might make me sick - but I took a chance because I was honestly afraid my reflux/ heart burn was going to make me sick tonight anyway.

I took the Rolaids like 2 hours ago and I was even able to drink some gatorade afterward and not feel bad. I usually cannot drink much of anything in the evening too [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Congrats!!!

I used to be a no-medicine person too, and I still technically am, but like you, i've worked up the nerve to take stuff when I need it. Good for you!!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Good for you. I usually won't take OTC medication for anything cause I'm already on 3 meds and I never know how they will react with those meds. The most I ever take it unisom for my nausea. The doctor said it was okay if I take them to help with that. But that's a good thing, so next time you have bad heartburn/indigestion, you know you can take Rolaids!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

That's an awesome accomplishment purpleteacher!!!! Doesn't it make you feel good when you are able to overcome something like that, I know it makes me feel great when I take a step like that. Congrats again!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Good for you for facing your fear! I'm glad you felt better afterwards.

I have taken it one more time since I posted, but now I want to take it more often - but I'm not allowing myself to unless it gets EXTREMELY bad. I don't want to abuse my new found knowledge of something that will rlieve my stomach pain. I knowI have severe reflux and need to see a doctor.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Way to go!!!! I am on medication for the acid reflux and I was a little nervous about taking it but needed to and was fine. You took the chance of taking the rolaids and it helped, great accomplishment!