Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Argh! i don't get whats happening. I mean i have this phobia, but the last time it came to it a month ago when i v* from to much acid in my stomach, i was fine and thought to myself, oh that wasn't so bad. Then the other week i made myself v* by sticking my fingers down my throat as my stomach hurt so much from eating more then i usally eat. I was told i had some signs of anorexia a while ago when i used to starve myself, theres times i've wanted to make my self v* but this fear stopped me most of the time, i then went through a stage where i constantly excerised untill my back would be bruised. But now im going through a stage of where i want to eat, but only because im depressed....not because im hungry, but i don't eat, i just chew gum and drink tea or lucozade to get my mind of food, or when its at its worst cut myself to try and stop myself from eating, at the moment im only eating4 bits of toast and a few biscuits in a day and just drinking tea or lucozade and eating gum all the time, which is making my bowls and stomach painfull, Its really confusing..has anyone else had any of these problems?..Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

no i've never had this problem before. are you in therapy or any kind of professional help? im really really sorry i can't offer you some advice (im terrible with advice! ) but if you ever need to talk, PM me or email me ([email protected]). feel better!

-hayley xoxox
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

Hi Ruth... sorry to hear you are all mixed up. It sounds to me like you have too many thoughts and ideas bouncing around in your head. You need someone you can talk to who is not related to you and is not trying to feed you pills. I've never had eating problems, but I have had times when I think I'm losing my mind and have too many thoughts racing through my mind. During many of those times I had a really close friend that I could talk to. She had no clue what it was like to be me and didn't try, she was just supportive, listened and offered what advice she could. For me it was just good to express those thoughts, to get them out of my head. My friend has since moved, so what I do now is just start writing. I take out a sheet of paper and just ramble away, writing down whatever I'm worried about or whatever I'm thinking about. This gets it all out and I can see that I'm getting it out and I feel better afterwards.

It also sounds like you are focusing way too much on yourself. Sometimes if I have nothing going on to get my attention away I'll tend to start obsessing over my problems, which leads to one of the states similar to yours, where I don't know what's happening and can't think straight. Try to get out and do things that you enjoy and don't worry about what is or isn't going to happen.

Why do you want to keep yourself from eating? Is it because you're afraid the food will make you v*?Eat fresh fruit, veggie, andlots of pasta, those are good for you, will give you energy and will help you gain weight. Just eating biscuits and toast, while it may seem like a "safe" food, is actuallygoing to make you feel worse, because it has little or no nutrients that your body needs.Eating good foods boosts your immune system to help fight offillnesses and gives you lots of energy and helps youto think clearly. It may be hard to break out of the routine, but that is what you have to do. Eat until you are satisfied, then stop, but you have to make yourself eat.

Ok, I think I started rambling somewhere up there... and I've gone back and edited it several times but my tiny attention span will not allow me to go back and proofread. So I'll shut up before it becomes more confusing..haha.... I've said it before and I'll say it again, feel free to email me [email protected] if you'd like to just vent... I can usually somewhat comprehend random rambling as I do it quite often myself.

Be strong and remember we are here for you...

Tiff!