Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sv season

When IS sv season supposed to be over, anyway? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil
    When IS sv season supposed to be over, anyway? Anyone know?
    I think April is the end. But the truth is, norovirus (sv) can pop up at any time, it's just the worst is September through April.

hopefully soon!! I cant handle much more of this!!!

I think it's 'technically' from November to March, but it's around all year. It's just more prevelent in the colder months when people are all bottled up together and it has an easier time spreading...

sv was originallycalled "winter vomiting disease" until a label was recently slapped on it after a few new strains came about in 2002 and started wiping out cruise ships and nursing homes, etc. the sv soon came to light in the mainstream media and experts began coing the term norovirus. there are hundreds of diff. strains that usually mutate over periods of time which makes it verydifficult for microbiologists to employ vaccine technology.

kinda scary stuff. i read an article awhile back about an elderly man who was a bone marrow transplant patient who picked up a sv while in care and shed the virus over the course of 2-3 weeks and then picked up a completely diff. strain while sick with the first. by the time tests were done for the two strains circulating the hospital wards, a new third strain was detectedin the transplant patient's stool - meaning that the two virus's had merged and mutated into a completely new strain.

anyway, it seems that the peak periods seem to be nov-april however, sv outbreaks occur worldwide thru the entire fiscal year. good news is that microbiologists are currently looking to stomp this nasty viral group in into non-existence with some major federal funding (prob. most likely due to military outbreaks on our soldiers). i think baylor university in texas is working with a company by the name of LICOCYTE. keep the fingers crossed - with the mainstream media now fully aware of the virus's hinderances and the economic impact it can cause, the fedreal govt. will won't be able to turn its back forever. here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...2-8497295-9651 343?SubscriptionId=1KYPQ282ZG7MX13V8882&n=5514 40

http://www.brightsurf.com/news/headl...article.php?Ar ticleID=22247

You know when you blow the candles out on your birthday cake after everyone screams to make a wish? I wish for the sv vaccine to become available. Is that ever so crazy?

Stella

Stella, Not a bit crazy.

Stupid SV[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]I have a cold that makes my stomach hurt for hours. It's so weird, my mom thinks it's a combination of SV and the common cold. My stomach ache woke me up last nite at 1:30am and i couldn't go back to sleep till 4. Thruout the day today, it's been hurting on and off.It's so annoying, I hope it doesn't get worse and lead to the dreadful thing.

Can you imagine a world without vomit? Oh man the time I 'd have on my hands to worry about something else..........
    You MUST do the thing you fear the most- E. Roosevelt