Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Question??????

Ok, my coworker's daughter is 3...she has been sick for 3 weeks now. At first it started out with just a 103 fever for 3 straight days...no other symptoms..well she did v once with that...ok so she's fine for a few days, no symptoms, eating fine, and all...a few days later she is having bad D and V.....this goes off and on for 2 solid weeks...she has been to the doc.and they ran all kinds of tests...they told her it was just a virus....running it's course....so it's been off and on for 3 solid weeks and still going on...Easter morning it happened all over again...she will say her tummy hurts and either have d really bad or v over and over....she's going back to the doc. tomm. b/c they almost took her to the er yesterday but she finally pee peed after so long...but she's so weak when this goes on....and then she will feel fine and dandy and eats normal and everything...i just don't know what this could be...if it's a virus then that's really scary. The doc doesn't seem to think it is though now, since it's been 3 weeks. What do you all think??????
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Maybe she has gotten 3 seperate virus's. If her immune system was lowered from the 1st one, then she could easily get 2 more. If all the tests are coming back that she is fine, chances are, she is. I'm sure they are testing for the serious things so if they are negative it's a good thing. I hope the little girl feels better soon. Has anyone else in the family caught anything from her?
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I know these viruses can act weird, but I still think that is too long to for it to be "just a stomach virus." Is she still running a fever? I know when my children and hubby had that stomach bug last summer, the little ones only v'd once and then had diarrhea for a week, but they did run high fevers with it. When I was in our doctors office last week, there was some little girl in there with her moma and I overheard the mom telling someone that the little girl had been sick for over a week now, running high fevers and being lethargic, and they couldnt figure out what was wrong with her. I dont think she was v'ing, atleast I didnt hear the mom say that. She did say that they had been to the docs three times that week.

ANYWHO .............. Im rambling now.

Have they taken the little girl back to the doctor yet? She could have a kidney infection or something similar. That could cause the high fevers, v'ing, diarrhea, ect .....

Keep us posted on how she is doing.

She's going to the doc. tomm. at 2....No one in her family has caught it at all...and the mom is pregnant and is due any day now. And this 3 yr old stays at an in home daycare...where there are only 2 other kids well younger than her..and they have not been sick either...it's just weird. Her mom is so stressed out now, and it's not good for her to be so stressed when her son is due very soon.

Babygap...i think they will be testing futher to see if it's something serious...which i hope to god it's not.....

Leigh, yes, sv's are sooooooo werid, and can do some strange things....but this is just so weird. No one can figure it out. Her symptoms are so far off...like she'll get sick with v and d in the am...and after she's all done, she's fine, feels fine, and goes on about her day...OR it can happen in the evening...and she will do the same thing, v and d...then be just fine.
    Kate

Maybe rotovirus?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Who knows...i just wish they would find out soon. It's so sad to hear about things like this...it's scary to me.
    Kate

That doesn't sound right to me. That is an awfully long time for a virus.
    Poor little thing.

That's what i thought too....just seems too long for a sv to hang around....but who knows...with the way things are now....it just keeps getting worse and worse it seems...hopefully they will find something out soon.
    Kate

Kate-- have they tested her for Shigella or e-coli? Sometimes that can cause children to be sick a while. I know you said she stayed in a home daycare, but that sort of stuff can run rampant in day cares.

Also, I thought of mono. Kids that young usually aren't as susceptible to it, but it can present in different ways.

Maybe something else is going on with her stomach, like celiac disease or even a food allergy.

Keep us updated!

Jess

Thanks Jess....i will let you all know if and when they find something out.

Well, the other 2 kids there haven't been sick except once about 2 months ago....and nothing like this...but i don't know where she got this from. It's so weird....

I hope that you are doing ok too I'll talk to you soon....Kate
    Kate

I think its too easy for docs to say 'its a virus' when in actuality it could be a lot more. She should definatley have some tests done on her. Kim

I wonder if it could be an intestinal blockage??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I was thinking this but someone already said it, maybe it's a food allergy. Or for all they know she could be lactose intollerant. I think at this point letting them run all the tests they need to would be a good idea.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hmmm....strange....don't think its a sv* What about appendicitis. I have heard that does some strange things with you. Does she have neck pain or a rash at all? If she does could be meningitis. We have that going around in Wisconsin. Also have the mumps going around. Let me know when you find something out.

I have thought of all of the above...i especially mentioned to her mother maybe intestinal blockage, or appendicitis....no rashes or anything...no symptoms at all except v and d.....she has not begun eating anything different either. Hopefully they will be able to start doing more tests today to find out something. Mom said this am she is fine so far and nothing last night. So that's good. But gosh, she's just this precious little 3 yr old...and she's so little and petite, and her name is Addison...she's so cute and mom's due for her little boy any day and now her grandmother just got hospitalized for a severe leg infection and is on morophine for the pain..poor girl, under so much stress and getting ready to give birth too...i just feel bad for her. Anyway, i will keep you updated on what they find out...it's a good thing her mom is not emet[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    Kate

Well, just alittle update...she was fine for 3 days...and now she has a fever of 103 again!!!!!!!!!!! So, they are waiting on a call back from her doc...don't know what is wrong with this child. Poor little thing. She may have a cold or something now, i don't know but it's really weird.
    Kate

How terrible...I hope they find something out soon!! Poor little thing!!

Poor mom, and daughter! I hope they can help her soon! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I read something on line about something calles "cyclic v* syndrome". You might want to check into that. It said it mainly affects children. There wasn't much information in the article I saw, but it made me think of this thread. I hope that little girl feels better soon!

I just hope she doesnt become emet herself when she grows up cause of this [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] . Poor girl, what a horrible experience.
    (billy)