Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

the first thing is....
    My niece who is2 had been suffering with a bad cold and flemmy cough for the last week and last night she slept at my house but in the morning she woke up and started to cough like she does but then she gipped and vomitted but it was actual vomit it was mainly juice and flem (sorry about that) and the rest of the day she was fine she didnt be sick again or Diareah ..... is this a bug or is it due to her cold???
    the second thing is...
    Everyone seems to say that when your going to be sick your mouth has more saliva than usual... so now im scared because my mouth is watery.....[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].... and people say that when your going to be sick before it feels like you need to burp but cant... well most of the time i feel like this...
    do you all think im going to be sick??
    noone else i know has had a SV or anything.... but im still scared ...
    xxxxxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi. With regard to your niece, I think it's the cold that made her v*. I know that the stuffy nose and phlem can upset my stomach also. My hubby sometimes v* when he has a sinus infection because of all the phlem and dripping in the back of his throat.

As for your mouth watering before you v*, I have to be honest, my mouth never got like that prior to me doing the deed. I usually have a very dry mouth just before hand. I'm sure you are going to be fine, it is probably just your nerves over your niece. I hope you both feel better soon.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

thankyou babygap6 for the advice... i do get myself worked up sometimes .... i have noticed though i get a watery mouth a lot of the time (i dont know why) thanks a lot xx

Your welcome Abbey.
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Abbey,

First of all, thanks for filling me in on spinal anesthesia. Now as to your questions: I'm sure that the repeated coughing and phlegm was what made her vomit. I used to work in a nursing home, and I remember when the residents would get bronchitis or pneumonia, they would sometimes vomit from the coughing. I have even had times where I had such a coughing spell, I would run to the bathroom. As far as the saliva, that is something that would happen only seconds before actual vomiting, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

Halfoverthefur

I would say it was definitly her cold that made her sick. I have 3 sons, and they all have gotten sick from either coughing too hard or being too phlemy. Secondly, I get a watery mouth sometimes and have not gotten sick from it. I think it depends on many factors [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'd say it was the coughing. I've had a bad cough too this past week and have felt a bit off with it. When I was a lot younger I had an allergy to cow's milk, goat's milk and wheat - this allergy caused me to cough lots andalthough I never v*d with it there were times when I thought I might cos I was coughing non-stop.

Try to stay calm - I'm sure it was an sv you would have had prior warning other than the cold/cough. She would have seemed really off colour.

Hope everything stays calm for you.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

the other thing about the watery mouth is that if you hear this, and you have a phobia, your brain will "invent it" every time you get anxious. Why, I don't know. I can guess that it's your brain telling you to try to avoid whatever it is you fear...but you can't avoid your own body, so that's a mis-wiring to be sure.

But I know that many, many emetophobes report that they get watery mouths, and then this goes away when their anxiety goes away.

So honestly, the unfortunate thing is that once you hear about a symptom you will probably get it...and it still won't mean you're sick.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Nice words of advice, sage. I shall bear that in mind next time I get anxious about it. Also - welcome back on your old id too [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

I think the coughing made her v*. A cold with all that drainage can cause v* or d* too. Your mouth watering...won't always be cause your gonna v*. If you are sick you will probably have a tummy ache too. You'll be fine!

I too am sure it was all related to the coughing and drainage in your niece. How many times have we emets felt filled w/ nausea? Many huh? and how many times did we actually v* from all those times? once if that many. Also, when you see some sweet/sour candy or someone eating something you are craving and are familiar to the taste, doesn't your mouth salivate? Like Sage said, there are several reasons why our mouths salivate. In this case it is your anxiety. When I am anxious, I begin to get nausea and I notice that I create my own extra saliva if I don't take my xanax or antiemetic. I try to endure as much as I can to wean myself some or at least not become totally dependent on these things. Then my body throws a fit because I deprived it of medicine so it begins to trick me into believing I will get sick by making me salivate, feel an upset stomach, faint, etc. Then I believe it and finally take a little xanax ( about .25mg) and voila, it's all gone and I feel normally relaxedagain. then I get after myself and try to convince myself that it was all a fake nausea, fake stomach symptoms etc.--anything for my body to get the xanax. Also, once we hear of someone feeling a certain sympton before they v*, the next time we feel it slightly, we too believe we are about to v*. We can't always believe our own symptoms because our brain is the culprit for sending false messages to the rest of the body. I'm sure you're fine. do what you can to calm your nerves; drink chamomile tea, do your relaxation techniques, diaphragm breathing, etc.

Pumpkin
    \"Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.\"
    1 Peter 5:7
    Pumpkin

Yep you have nothing to worry about, my niece has always hada very choky cough and I used to stress every time she hada cold/cough (which was often because my sister smokes a lot) that she would cough till it ended in her gagging and V*ing.

I only saw it actually happen once though, and yeah it was only a little bit. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

The dry mouth and saliva feeling aren't the only feelings you get before you v*, in fact it is VERY unlikely that you'll just have one of those symptoms, usually you will be feeling a bit nauseous or have stomach pains etc too, or many other symptoms, but its better not to know them because you will create them ALLin your body every time you feel just ONE. The same applies with the feeling that you cant burp. Its never just a symptom/sign on its own...

Don't worry honey you're gonna be fine!

x kim x

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!