Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I saw the site in the Treatment thread and decided to try it. I was able to look at a few pictures. It was very gross but I didn't panic. I think this is because you could tell that alot of the situations were from people drinking too much and not an sv. I'm glad I didn't have an anxiety attack. The weather is beautiful which helps. It makes me think v* season is going away. But the website was pretty bad! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

ooohh! You're much braver than me!

Nice one! Very proud of ya. And yeah, as you stated, it doesn't seem as scary when it's like, alchohol induced (to some of us). Mainly when they're in distress is it a scary thing.

Still, I'm really proud of ya. After ratemyv*, I moved on to watching or hearing it. Hearing wasn't so bad as long as it didn't sound like me in 2003, when I had my traumatic experience, but watching it can be quite scary but you build up a layer that protects. Still, I may be used to watching it, but you gotta expect the unexpected, when it just happens by surprise it takes you by surprise but you tend not to panic as much.

Keep up the good work.

I looked at that web site too. And I agree, it is all from drinking too much. I didn't panic cause I know I can't catch that. I don't think I want to watch it, afraid that I might jinx myself. Yesterday I panicked. I was walking into work, and noticed 2 spots on the pavement which had to have been fresh since it poured on Sunday and it should've washed it away. Sure looked like 2 piles of v*. So, when I got home, even though I didn't step in it, I sprayed the bottom of my shoes with lysol. i'm still freaking out though...I don't want to get sick.

Yuk! Isn't it ironic that WE always seem to see that stuff on streets and sidewalks? Non emets probably wouldn't notice it.

jay_rough:

your account of what happened in 2003 is well written and informative.