Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: headaches

THIS IS KIND OF O/T....I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE SUFFERS FROM MIGRAINS? I AM STARTING A NEW MED TONIGHT CALLED TOPOMAX. THEY ARE TRYING TO GET TOPOMAX FDA APPROVED AS A WEIGHT LOSS MEDICINE TOO.

I get migraine. I get A Tylpical migraines, and other ones. A typical migraines cause me to get very dizzy, slurred speech, blurred vision. I also get the painful ones...the ones where you get the squiggly line in your vision, and any type of ligth or the quietest sound hurts. I take Imetrez 100 mg. I don't really like to take them cause they make me feel yucky for about an hour. Generally I have to sleep to get better. The A typical ones suck cause I still need to function. I would have to call in to work everyday. I get them on a daily basis. Let me know how that med works for ya!

I suffer from migrainesnow and again - luckily not very often. My symptoms start with my vision going weird and getting blind spots - I can usually stop the pain ifI take painkillers at this stage.

Have you tried keeping a headache diary? Sometimes these can help by pointing out triggers, such as something you ate.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I have migraines. I have other types of headaches too, including sinus and "chain migraines/ chain headaches". I don't take any medicine for them right now, but I know my life would be of much better quality if I could take medicine for my headaches regularlly. Once I get insurance, I'm getting something for the headaches... trust me!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I suffer from migrainesbut have managed now (with the help of a doc) to work out what causes them and why.

Apparently there is a cause and a trigger (cant remember which is first)basically you could eat too much chocolate/cheese (depending on what causes them for you)then have a really baaaaaaad nights sleep and get one, hence the "cause and trigger".

Another big cause of migraines is dehydration so I always make sure I haveplenty of stuff to drink (in my case, water, caffeine free diet coke, cant have caffeine - gives me migraines!!!)

The best thing to do is keep a food diary (doesnt have to be involved) and work out your causes and triggers!!!

It sounds kinda kooky but actually works (my mum gets them if she eatas too much chocolate, I get them if I have caffeine/orange juice too much cheese)

Laney xx

topamax is a great med. i wouldn't miss too many doses though. there are chances for seizures. i'm taking it & it works wonders, i'm using it for my anxiety, but i don't suffer from headaches too often unless they are from sinuses.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Ihave chronicpain that has become transformed migraines. A lot of times they start out as migraines and then become tension headaches or vice-versa.

I've found that 266mg of magnesium have cut down on the frequency/ intensity of my migraines - I was getting them daily for about 5 months straight. Frova is my drug of choice though, for the ones that slip through the supplements.
    ><>Michelle

\"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances...\" Phillippians 4:11