Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT - Kittens!

Hi there everyone, now i know that lots of you have got lovely pets (seen the pics on other threads of them!) Well i will be moving into my new house in a months time and my lovely boyfriend is getting two kittens for me[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img](they will be ready to leave their mother 6 weeks from now)and i really don't know what to call them. I am hoping to get 2 boys or a boy and a girl and i need some help with names, i would really appreciate any suggestions that you have![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Trinity

AWWW!!!!

My cat died early this year at seventeen, and I've been begging my parents for another. they keep promising...but no cat so far [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Let's see. I have problems myself with names, I can only think up the really cliche ones. My friend had two cats named Socks and Sneakers. My other hasa bunchnamed Turtle, Lucy, Kiwi, Bear, (i LOVE that one) Suzie, Tarazan. (she fosters cats).

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Mickey & Minnie would be cute for a boy and girl. If you aren't sure once you get them home, don't name them right away, watch to how their personality's develop, one might like to nibble, so you could call that one "Nibble." Good luck and enjoy the kittens!!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Fred and Lucy....Frick and Frack....Peanuts and M&m's....Dick and Jane......Napoleon and Kip......Mr.and Mrs. Kitty. I don't know...just guessing around here Bennie and Joon.....
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

We have sort of adopted our neighbors cats now and we named him pudding...He's so fat...he weighs about 15 lbs now....our other cat was named Skeeter...we've had a ton....one was Nose...i know weird....we had Pooter, Lumpy, Worm, Prince, Thomas, a dog named Nellie, Jackson, Mikey and Sambo....can you tell we are animal lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Awww...I love kittens. I have two old cats, 14 and 18 years old. We are about to have to put the 18 year old to sleep, and the 14 year old won't be far behind. After having old lazy cats for so long I wouldn't know what to do with energetic kittens. Names.... hmmm, I can tell you one thing for sure... don't name your cat Trouble. My 14 year old is named Trouble and he tried his best to live up to his name... always bringing in dead stuff and eating half of it under the dining room table, waking me up at 6am to feed him, getting in cat fights and getting all beat up. He got bit on the tail once by another cat and it got all swollen and sore. Goofy cat.

Ok, I'm rambling... I agree with watching their behavior for a few days before you name them, it makes the name more fitting. We named trouble because he tried to climb the Christmas tree the morning we got him, he wouldn't go in the box my parents tried to put him in, and he got deathly ill with a kitty throat infection and nearly died the day after we got him... yeah... trouble was a good name. My other cat is Frisky and she is all but... then again, she's 18.

I'll shut up now..

You guys are great thanks for all the suggestions! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

KateI like Frick and Frack, that made me giggleand Napoleon and Kip, my boyfriend suggested Jay and silent bob!

Anya i am so sorry to hear that your cat passed,our familylost our first cat this year and he was 17 too, he was a lovely boy, a huge ginger and cream fluffy tom called moggs, i really miss him[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Babygap that is quite a good suggestion, waiting and seeing what their mannerisms are and then giving them names................i guess i am just getting excited as i can't wait to get them, kittens are just the cutest things and i just love watching them play!

LOL- Jay and Silent Bob. That's classic man!

Hmmmm.....the cat names that I have chosen thusfar were Finnigan, Zeus, and Marbles.....my other cats all came with names [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

How about Joni and Chachi? DC? (as in damn cat, haha), Cleopatra (cleo for short), Jeeves, Nemo...

I'm so excited for you! We got a kitten in November, and he's huuuuuge already. When they are small they are so funny to watch!

*amber*

my hilarious friend had a cat named Snowball. Until they neutered him. Then she called him Snowballs. ha ha ha
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

On my 18th birthday my parents got me a kitten and I named him Darien (I wanted to call him Tuxedo Moon but my sister kept telling me that name was Gay ((No Offense to GAY people, I'm gay myself but you know how 14 year olds can be))) So instead of that I named him Darien cause that's Tuxedo Moon's name in english. (I used to LOVE Sailor Moon) Anyway my friend had two cats named Whiskers and Volcano (I don't know how they got their names...especially not Volcano) she had another cat named Scully (We loved the X-Files, so sue us) then she had another cat named Mocha.

My parents gave Darien away to another home to punish me for being bad at school, but as I see it they were really just punishing him. We had another cat named Mickey and he was a MEAN cat. I mean he was nice to the immediate family that lived with him but if someone came over and tried to pet him he'd bite. He was hit by a car in april 2002...we had him for about 13 years. We now have a cat named Rupert. He's actually my SISTERS cat but he lives at my parents house and she spoils him ROTTEN.

I'll give you our dog's names just incase it sparks some inspiration: Buddy (Boy) Pess (Girl) Wicker (Boy) Goldie (Girl) Sydney (Girl) And Smokey (Boy). Don't ask about the name Pess I have NO idea where my mom got that name but she was a mean dog and bit me when I was little and they had to put her down. I'm done rambling now.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

my cat is named pepper...creative, i know, lol. my grandma has two cats named simba and nala, also very unique. i guess we're a pretty boring family.
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Thanks everyone, all your suggestions are fab, i may even have trouble deciding when the time comes to name the little cuties!

Sage..........Snowballs, that had me chuckling away for hours![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

My cats names are Chick Chick and Ting Ting. When I was growing up we had a calico cat named Minka.

If you're definately getting 2 of the little monsters then its cool to name them things that are already in pairs or make sense when you say them together.. eg:

Cheech& Chong

KitKat

Bubble and Squeak

Snap and Crackle

Bonnie & Clyde

Tweedle dee and tweedle dum

itchy and scratchy .... bla bla bla and i'm sure you can think of loads from there...! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Oh, I love kittens too! Cats are def. my favorite animals, though I have two dumb but loveable dogs in addition to my 5 cats. I can't think of any names right now but I think you got some great suggestions! Oh, and crimgoddess, my kitty (about the same age as yours!) is also named Finnegan (though mine's name is spelled that way). We call him "Finn the Fluff" because he is hugely fat and fluffy.

-CarolynEdited by: csjones