Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm feeling very nauseas and Idon't know what to do!!!
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I'm sorry! You'll be ok........did this just come on suddenly? Try taking some deep breaths and watch tv or read something to get your mind off of it.......take some pepto if you have any, that always helps me......let me know how you are!
    ~Mandi~

I took my kids out bowling. I have IBS and lactose intolerance and I have been kinda eating the wrong things. While I was out today, I had a bag of cheese puff things-which of course sat right at the top of my esophogus. But it went away and when I got home, I was starved. I got the kids McDonalds(which I KNOW I can't eat) and I stoped in at my moms'. She made chicken cutlets so I woofed down about half of one. I came home and had melted chocolate and chips with mild salsa-I know-I am an idiot. Anyways, I started feeling REALLTY nauseas. I took a gaviscon because Idon't want to run for the compazine yet but I feel all this liquid at the back of my throat!!! What will make it go away I'm so scared?!!

I'm allergic to asprin so I can't take pepto-some kind of cross reaction thing. The gaviscon took it down a little but my body keeps wanting to burp-but it's liquid(sorry so gross). I just know in a few minutes, that gaviscon barrier is gonna quit working. I also had alot of caffeine today which does'nt help with the panicing!

I know that eating is the last thing on your mind right now, but eating 1 or 2 saltines really helps me when I'm nauseous......it sounds like the food just didn't settle well, and eating saltines helps reduce the acid.....also, if you have any soda, that might help settle it............keep swallowing a lot and that watery feeling will start to go away........but most importantly, just get your mind off of it......sometimes we make it worse when we dwell on it.
    ~Mandi~

Oh God I ran out of saltines-all I have are graham crackers-which usually I live of of because of all my stomache problems. Which is why I have weeks like this when I binge eat. I toldmyself when I woke up this morning (rough night) that I should just fast and stick to water-damn why did'nt I listen to myself!

I wonder sometimes about all the people on this site with IBS-if the emetophobia causes all the tummy trouble or if it's the other way around. I do have alot of stress-alot of it I bring on myself.

calm down, it will be ok......i am sure any kind of cracker would help reduce the acid.........maybe you should lie down for a bit (if that is possible)
    ~Mandi~

I think that's what I'll do-thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for calming me down!!!![img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]hugs!!! Donna

yes, i believe that a lot of our tummy troubles are because of our excessive worrying about being sick. Most non emets don't have as many ailments as we all do, if you really think about it.....that's why I always try to do something to take my mind off of my tummy when it's upset, because a lot of the time, me worrying is what is causing the n*............
    ~Mandi~

You're welcome! I hope you feel better very soon!
    ~Mandi~

Our minds are most certainly the cause of many of our problems. Because we are so worried about being ill we are much more in tune to what our bodies (namely stomach and intestines) are doing and the smallest pain or gas bubble will send us into a panic... which, as we all know will only make things worse.

Sounds to me like you ate a bit too much and some funky food combinations. I get thisquite oftenwhen I boredom eat.I know that I'm not hungry, but I can't seem to stop myself, and I don't boredom eat carrots and celery, I eat cookies, chips and allthat bad stuff. Watch a TV show or something to get your mind off your tummy and it will get better. That's the most important thing. Your tummy felt a little full, which set off your n* radar and made you start to panic, making it worse. You are fine, you just have to convince yourself of that.

Let us know how you are feeling....

It sounds like you were just plain mean to your body today! No wonder you were nausated... but I am so relieved to hear it calmed down. I have overeaten before and felt just the way you described. Sometimes I "lose control" and just pretend like I can eat whatever I want --- I learn my lesson the painful way though...

How are you doing now?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi! I'm much better now. Anyone who has a reflux problem-I highly recomend Gaviscon. Yeah, It was definately stuff I know better than to eat. I did'nt even eat that much of it but I probably ate it so fast-like just getting it down quick will make my belly not realize I ate it in the first place! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]I'm still burping a little liquid-but it's nothing I'm not used to. One of these days(when I'm not such a chicken) I'll go see a Dr. about it. But that day is'nt today. Or tomorow. Or any day they're gonna stick a camera down my throat! Thanks everyone!!!!

I wish I had been here to comfort you!! But, I am glad to know that you are feeling much better now!!!

they stuck a camera down my throat, i was pissed. lol

good thing you're feeling better <3333
    <b>a-hay</b>