Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ok, so last night from work, I gave a girl i worked with a ride home. she was in my car about 5 mins or so...was complaining that she had really bad cramps and what not. Now today she is telling me that she can't keep anything down. She took like 2 darvacets and 6 extra strength tylenol last night. So, her man who works her too, doesnt think that she is sick either. Thinks that she just cant handle pain very well. I hope to god it isnt a sv* I will freak out! So, today I lysoled my car down where she was sitting. I hope to god I dont get sick...if she even is sick. What do you guys think?

hey hun,

well yea cramps and v* can sound like an sv* but it also can be fp (food poisoning) might have been something that she ate.

Being an emet makes us very careful washing our hands alot ect so even if it was hun then I know you would hav been careful with even just having someone in your car.

good that you cleaned everything up,I do think you will be alright.

Stay safe

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aside from not tolerating pain very well, it could be the medications too. Taking 6 extra strength Tylenol at once isn't a great idea anyway, but if they have a *weak stomach* as some put it, it could cause bad things to happen. And the darvacet will too. If I recall correctly, it also has Acetaminophen in it. My best friend gets sick every time she takes one percocet. I've learned not to freak too much about it, but that's just because I know her. Try not to worry too much about it. Even if she is sick, the short car ride shouldn't have contaminated you. I'm assuming nothing disasterous happened in your car, which is what would put you at great risk. Keep using your lysol, and keep your windows cracked if weather permits, wouldn't want to make yourself feel sick from all of the Lysol fumes!

Katie

Were the cramps from her period? Sometimes women who have rough periods can get sick to their stomach. I'm betting on all the medication she took, though.

The cramps were from her period, so that is why I dont think she can handle pain very well. Still scared though, dont want to get sick!!!!!

Taking the Darvocet and all that Tylenol IS NOT GOOD. No wonder she cant keep nothing down. Darvocet has Tylenol in it too. Talk about killing your liver!

Good grief! That's a darn lot of pills. Craziness...

My sister used to v* from her period because the cramps were so bad. Could that be it? Since she's taking all that stuff for pain it sounds like she has really bad cramps.

Yeah, definitely sounds period related. I know a LOT of people who get n* with theirs (including myself). She may have actually v*ed to try and alleviate the cramp pain too. I have known non-emets to do odd things like that.

I agree, sounds like her period. I know that you can feel really sick from it and i once had a really heavy period and i kept v* due to it, try not to worry, relax and watch tv and have a nice cup of tea (woo-hoo for tea! - its a life saver) and it does sound like a heck of a lot of medication..though i've never heard of either one of those medicenes..so i don't know what there for.

Take care. xx

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I have a few friends that actually v* from there period and I also know that those pain meds could cause v* as well. She took way too much which will make the effects even worse. It's hard to say whether or not it was an sv* but it doesn't really sound like it to me. I hope you stay healthly!

I know someone who v*'s everytime she gets her period. That would suck!! Plus all of those pills are not good for your stomach, so I agree with everyone, probably a mix of her period and pills.

She may have a pretty weak stomach. Plus I'm thinking even if it was SV, if you didn't share food and drink with her or kiss her, you wouldn't get it. A friend of mine was sick with SV once and I was with her, (tho i wasn' around when she threw up) i had touched her, i was in her car too. I didn't get it.